Paris apartment on Ile Saint Louis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

We’ve rented many apts. in Paris, 5 of them on Ile Saint Louis. This particular apt. was such a great location overlooking The Seine and Notre Dame.

7 yrs. ago in a building at 26 Quai ‘d Orleans.
The next year we rented it again but was called off right before we left due to construction work on the balcony. Our money was returned and they found another place for us to stay.

Paris Address was the apartment service we used both years.
It seems they are no longer in business.

Does anyone know of a service that rents apartments in the building at 26 Quai ‘d Orleans or any other building in that block facing The Seine?

Old Dec 18th, 2022, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi TPAYT,

I've rented from Guest Apartment Services on Quai d'Anjou and Quai de Bourbon -- wrong side I guess. They may have something on Orleans if you take a look at their website.

Have fun as you plan!

s
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

swandav2000…I remember your Paris trip report.
.Thanks for your suggestion. We have rented from Guest Apartment and Paris Perfect ( our favorite agencies) and several others, Each apartment was charming in it’s own way but that apt. On Orleans keeps popping back into our memories. I’ll keep trying to search.
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 10:18 AM

Ile Saint Louis has very few permanent residents, but maybe some Qatari or Saudi finally bought that place and you will have a chance to rent something in a French neighborhood.
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 10:22 AM

Try googling the exact address. Several apartments are listed but I didn’t investigate enough to see if a company name is included. Further on in the search, you will find other hits for Quai d’Orleans.
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 10:48 AM

Ahhh, so you already know them.

I just followed k_marie's suggestion & googled the address. There was a furnished apartment for rent (long term) on Quai d'Orleans but no specific address, and booking dot com has a very nice 2br apartment at 32 Quai d'Orleans.

Hope you find a nice one!!

s
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Checked out Guest Apts. and they have many good choices.
A long time ago we stayed in Hibiscus in the middle of the island. It was gorgeous but no view.
We also love Paris Perfect apts. on Place Dauphine, but again no view.
And we love Madison Hotel on St. Germain for the location.

So many wonderful choices, and yes, in the tourist locations, but that’s where we want to be Kerouac. Just sayin’
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 08:58 AM

I don't really understand how Guest Apt Services can stay in business without being busted as they are clearly violating Parisian regulations on vacation rentals, as I understand them. Even if their apts are legally rented, they aren't abiding by the regulation to post registration numbers on their website. At least I can't see any. Some of theirs have minimums of 91 days which would be ok, but others do not and they don't list registration info. Their terms for owners mentions this law but doesn't even ask them to give them the registration number on the form where an owner asks if they can list with them. I rented from them once a long time ago before the current rules and even then, I thin it was illegal as the owner told me to claim I was a relative or something if a neighbor asked me what I was doing there in the elevator. That one is not on their website any more.

here is one next door and it DOES have a license number listed if you scroll down to the Fine print part.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/stu...int-merri.html

I would sort of like one agency being responsible for all management, etc, rather than dealing wiht a random owner who is responsible to no one.
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 09:35 AM

Things will change only when they begin to arrest tourists for staying in illegal rentals. The owners are making such a huge profit that they don't care about paying a few fines.
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Christina
I don't really understand how Guest Apt Services can stay in business without being busted as they are clearly violating Parisian regulations on vacation rentals, as I understand them. Even if their apts are legally rented, they aren't abiding by the regulation to post registration numbers on their website. At least I can't see any. Some of theirs have minimums of 91 days which would be ok, but others do not and they don't list registration info. Their terms for owners mentions this law but doesn't even ask them to give them the registration number on the form where an owner asks if they can list with them. I rented from them once a long time ago before the current rules and even then, I thin it was illegal as the owner told me to claim I was a relative or something if a neighbor asked me what I was doing there in the elevator. That one is not on their website any more.

here is one next door and it DOES have a license number listed if you scroll down to the Fine print part.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/stu...int-merri.html

I would sort of like one agency being responsible for all management, etc, rather than dealing wiht a random owner who is responsible to no one.
The first three apartments on the Guest Apartments website had registration numbers. I didn't go further than those, but they were clearly there.

Vanilla - 7510400847835 Narcisse - 7510505541915 Arum - 7510104258853

Last edited by apersuader65; Dec 19th, 2022 at 10:24 AM. Reason: adding info
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 10:24 AM

There are 3 types of apartments which may be legally rented short term:

1. Those offered by the owner occupant, probably the bulk of what is legally available.

2. Those which are officially sanctioned as commercial rentals, of which there are only several hundred in Paris.

3. Those not otherwise classified, such as apartments on the ground floor.

Secondary or vacation apartments may not be rented short term. It is the responsibility of the apartment owner, not a listing agency (unless the agency owns apartments), to comply with the government renting regulations. The random owner is the responsible party.
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 11:15 AM

Unfortunately, I don't think there is yet a website to verify registration numbers, which anybody can make up.
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps 15 years ago, we stayed in a B&B on the island.
Great hostess.
Great apartment.
Great location.

But..... it was on the 5th floor, no elevator.
Didn't know that when we reserved it. (young internet)
I could swear, each time we ascended or descended those stairs, someone added 5 more steps per floor.
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 09:36 PM

There is a website to offer some idea about where official commercial apartments are located. Apartments in Paris do not have numbers, only the street address and the owner’s name. Unless you know the owner’s name, it will be difficult to pin down commercial apartments to more than a street address.

http://tinyurl.com/approved-apartment-map

All short term rental listings must include the 13 digit registration number, those in Paris start with 75. What the registration number tells the potential visitor is that the owner has listed the apartment with the city. What it does not tell you is if the number is authentic or if the apartment has reached its maximum 90-day annual rental period.

The city of Paris has several dozen, full time inspectors, checking registration numbers, and building cases for prosecution of noncompliant owners. Fines can reach 50,000€ per illegal apartment, which is probably why there are fewer listings each year. Eventually, the city will have confirmed all registration numbers, at least that is the hope.
Old Dec 20th, 2022, 02:41 AM

If the owner tells you to never answer the door if somebody buzzes; you can be sure that the rental is illegal. But the inspectors then interrogate the neighbors, who are happy to say if people arrive dragging their suitcases every week. The noise the tourists make is the #1 complaint of permanent residents -- loud conversations coming up the stairs at midnight, parties that vibrate the walls and those damned clunky suitcases.
Old Dec 20th, 2022, 06:53 AM

There is a website for those that obtained change of use authorizations, which can be viewed in a map: https://opendata.paris.fr/explore/da....85212,2.34925