Search

Paris Apartment Ave Kleber

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Apartment Ave Kleber

Hi,
I'm going to Paris in November with 5 friends and I found an apartment in a 19th Century apartment building on Ave Kleber in the 16th.It seems fine from the photos, 3 bedrooms, 276 euros/night. Any experience with the area?
Thanks
Deb
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 11:54 AM
rex

I'll be interested in what others have to stay - - my experience near l'Etoile (I assume you are - - you don't mention an address not a website) was very favorable, but it has now been many years.

It was at the Hotel Royal Elysees - - and guests' comments about this hotel have gone seriously downhill (judging from tripadvisor.com) since I was there (it was never the Ritz). But no one says anything negative about the area. I certainly liked it plenty. And maybe it is so desirable to be there (convenience to everything via the Metro at l'Etoile), that hotels can afford to charge more and offer less, without losing business.

I realize that this doesn't answer your question. If the photos look good, then I think the price sounds decent. Does it have two (or more) bathrooms? Seems that five people would want that.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 01:19 PM

Yes, it's a nice upscale residential area...are you closer to the Arc de Triomphe or down a bit in the Passy area? We stayed not too far away on the Ave. Rayond Poincare near the Place Victor Hugo and really enjoy. There are some nice cafes in the area, esp. around the Place Victor Hugo. You are close to the Asian arts museum, which is certainly worth a visit.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM

I've stayed in the area once and found it boring compared to 5th or 6th. Depends on what you're looking for in a vacation spot. It's certainly upscale and quiet at night.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 08:35 PM

My American grandmother used to keep an apartment on Av. Kleber. It is a very nice neighborhood, very up-market. I am almost positive former President Valerie Giscard d'Estang has an apartment on Kleber. When I am in Paris, I like to walk down Kleber to approach the Eiffel Tower.

Once as a child I was hit by a car crossing Kleber. Thankfully, I was not seriously injured. I can still remember that the man who hit me was wearing white suede shoes with gold bars across the front. Funny how you remember things like that.

Cheers,
John G.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM

Did he have horns on the front of the car?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:41 PM
ira

Hi deb,

The Ave Kleber is where rich and/or famous men keep their high maintenance mistresses.

If you enter your address at http://www.voila.fr/PagesJaunes/
you will be able to see your property and take a walk through the neighborhood.

You also get a map.

The price is very good.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:08 PM

Thanks, Ira. I always wondered how my granny could afford that 15-room apartment.