Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris 2009 - Apartment recomendation

Please could you help me decide on which apartment to choose for a family of 4
http://www.perfectlyparis.com/Bijou%...Bellefond.html
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p152614
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM

I think they both look pretty nice. I like both locations, also, and have actually stayed relatively near both, more than once.

The one issue it took me a while to notice, as it isn't obvious -- is that the second one is on the ground floor. I don't like that, but it might not bother you. The problem was there was no actual photo of what that situation looks like. They have a photo of the building (and I would want to clarify if that is really the photo of the building where this apt. is or not), but don't show it at the street level much. In any case, they claim the apt. itself looks onto the interior courtyard, not the street, so I'd want to see what that looks like in terms of windows, the courtyard, etc. I'd also want to know the exact address as that is a very long street. They say it is right on the border of the Latin Qtr, and if that is true, it is near the end near bd St Michel, which isn't actually the area I would prefer. There's no metro stop around there, for one thing, only the RER. And there is no big grocery store around there that I can think of.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM

You don't describe the interests of your family, but, I'd take the second apartment over the first based on the neighborhood. The 6th (bordering the 5th) is more tourist friendly and abounds with cafes, "bakeries," boutiques, restaurants and friendly street/foot traffic. It's also within walking distance of major tourist attractions including Luxembourg gardens, the D'Orsay, Cluny and other museums, Notre Dame, St-Chapelle, Concergerie and myriad others.

I would be concerned about the proximity of the first apartment to the Montmarte area, though I don't know well the 9th-a little farther afield than I like in Paris. The apartment looks good, though.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM

For location, I'd choose the one in the 6th (I just really like the neighborhood). That one states that it is 500 square feet, does the other say? Also, while I wouldn't be too concerned about the ground floor noise-wise, I do wonder about safety in a ground floor unit.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for your help