Paris Apartment

Jan 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Paris Apartment

Has anyone recently rented a Paris apartment through Paris Attitude? Any concerns or problems? Thanks
Jan 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
cw

I haven't used ParisAttitude, but they represent individual owners so apartments and terms may vary.

The only comments I remember about them is that the agency fee is high, and after you reserve the apartment, you deal only with the owner. That's not necessarily bad, but the renting experience from one place to another may differ.

You should do a search for them on the board, and also for the apartment on google. Often owners list their units with different agencies, which means there may be different prices for the same unit.
Jan 4th, 2011, 01:22 AM

www.girlsguidetoparis.com has commented on them. And www.tripadvisor.com has plenty of comments in the forum. Happy Travels!
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

thanks-the girlsguide had great information.
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM

You're welcome and good luck on your apartment search. Happy Travels!
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM

We used ParisAttitude a couple of trips ago and were generally pleased with an affordable place in the 5th. There was a mixup - when we arrived for check-in another couple was there as well. Apparently the owner had offered the apartment to them directly, either forgetting or being confused that we had booked through the agency. In the end, they had to find another place.

Re a comment above - it's common to pay the agency fee and then be turned over to the owner/manager. Unfortunately many do not accept credit cards and the bank transfer fee from the U.S. is about $40. On arrival, we had no problems completing the transaction and were greeted by a professional, not the owner.

Some agencies offer more assistance, such as www.likelivingthere.com
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM

their agency fee isn't any higher than most other agencies, it is a very typical fee. People who say that probably don't know what is standard and probably don't even know what a typical agency fee is. On that website you can see what it is, that's all, in most cases you can't.

It is true that it is a go-between for owners and handles the booking and contracts, so terms will vary by place. I rented from a similar website (www.lodgis.fr), there is another one just like that only US-basede (nyhabitat.com, yes, they rent Parisian apartments). I think all those places have about the same agency fee.

I've read a couple posts on here from folks who used them and were very satisfied, but it will vary by place, no doubt.
Jan 16th, 2011, 07:53 AM

If you rent directly with an owner, you save the fees. If there are 2 of you, look at:

Nadine Giblin

Studio 30 sqm Paris 9e near Montmartre/Opera

E-mail : [email protected]

We rented an apt. through VRBO, kinda, once. The apt. we wanted was rented, but the owner said she had another apt the had just bought and not put on VRBO yet and it was available. We rented it, got there and it was terrible. Clothes everywhere, dishes in sink were a week old, refrigerator was iced over and full, bedroom, well, lets say it was a mess too. Luckily, I had a "feeling" and I had booked Etap on Rue Dr. Babinski, for just in case. Well, we declined the apt. and stayed at Etap. Cost more, but at least it was clean.

I found the above apt. on Craigslist 3 years ago. We have stayed there 3 times now and plan to go back this summer, checkbook allowing. The key to Craigslist is no deposit upfront, I think. Nadine only asked that we buy insurance for renters before we came. It was around 15 E. Paid the rest on day of arrival.