Paris Apartment 70223 vrbo

Jan 9th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Paris Apartment 70223 vrbo

Well, I finally chose an apartment and they had availability! Has anyone stayed in this one? thanks for any input. The owner called me last night, he lives in the US and Paris... He seems wonderful.
Jan 9th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

This may help about the area.. it's Rue St. Paul in Marais....
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Hi Kathy,
I haven't stayed in that apartment, but I have upcoming stays in two of the owner's other apartments.

He really does seem delightful to work with, and his apartments all look lovely. I'll be able to tell you more in a couple of weeks- I'll be staying in his apartment on Blvd. Henri IV.

I think the area is great- I've walked all around there and felt very comfortable, and there are lots of cafes and restaurants, and good access to transportation.

I think you'll be happy with your choice!
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Kathy, I walked along rue St-Paul every day when I was in Paris last February. As Marcy point out, it's a delightful neighbourhood.

Anselm
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Hi Marcy! Thanks for your reply. The apartment you are renting looks awesome! And, yes, the owner is such a pleasure to work with. I like the fact that I will be dealing with the hotel down the street for payment.
Please let me know how your trip goes... thanks, Kathy
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Looks great and it is a super area!
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:07 AM

It is a bit high for a studio - but from the photos it looks VERY well furnished/appointed so that explains the premium. I really like the neighborhood.

Looks like a great flat . . . .
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM

It's amazing how much more you get from an apt when you compare this to a hotel that goes for 140 E/night. This seems like a great choice for people who want the option of relying on hotel services. Does that include a porter?

How short are the 2 short flights of stairs? If you have a lot of luggage, this can be a pain -- my fit BF strained a muscle in Spain taking our bags up two flights. For the rest of the time, I didn't really mind climbing 2 flights several times a day. (But we live in a three story walk-up at home.)
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

What is really nice about this studio, is that the owner has a deal with the hotel down the street to take care of the billing and checkin! They also send someone to clean the apartment for you.... and they will pick you up at the airport and allow you to have breakfast at the hotel if you like...It seems like it's the best of both worlds!

I emailed the hotel this morning with my credit card info, and they got back to me immediately!!

The owner called me last night from Australia where he was on vacation! He lives in the US and Paris..... so far, I'm very pleased with how this reservation is going!! The owner said he picked out all the furnishing for the apartment himself.... I can't wait to see it!
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

And thank you everyone for your comments!!! I feel good about the location now......
I'm not too concerned with the two flights of stairs....I'm going to take just a carryon... (since I have a washer/dryer at the apt.) He does have another studio that has an elevator, it looked adorable, but more modern looking.... I really like the cozy feeling of this apartment.... The only thing I really wanted was a balcony, but we can't have everything we want!! LOL!
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:44 AM

This apt also sounds great for the summer since it has A/C, although I can relate to your wish for a balcony -I really need a small outdoor space in my apts too.

It looks like this unit could really fit the needs of a lot of people within this budget -- so don't forget to report back (perhaps on this thread?) when you return. Have a great trip!