3 bedroom Paris apartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment they could recommend? Price isn't much of an issue, we're more interested in comfort and central location. Thanks
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM

Try using http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...e-france/paris

I'll like to stay in the latin quarter when in Paris.
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
cw

eleanorw,

We (three couples) stayed in the Palais Royal 3-bedroom (3 1/2 baths) offered from www.parisvacationapartments.com in June-July 2007. It is a wonderful apartment in a terrifically convenient location. All our business with the people who run the agency was smooth and the apartment looked better than the photos on their website. They clearly pay a lot of attention to making sure their clients have a good experience.

I would definitely rent from them in the future.

You could walk to most of the Paris sights easily and they have a reference book in the apartment that covers everything from restaurants and groceries to emergency medical numbers. And their representative is available at any time.

Their apartments often are booked way in advance, so make your plans early. Be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM

We are staying in Portrait of Paris in late May. www.portraitofparis.com All of our dealings with the owner have been so easy and smooth. She is American and spends several weeks ( months) in the apartment during the year. I think the place is beautiful and am so excited to be staying there. It is on Blvd St Germain pres rue du bac. So many wonderful places so close by. Check it out also vbro 217195
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Those apartments both look terrific, I've emailed the companies. 4ddawgs, could you let me know how the apartment is when you get back?
I'm not ignoring the vrbo suggestion, but I find the site difficult to use. Is there a way to look at apartments by # of bedrooms rather than arrondisement?
Thank you
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 04:51 PM
cw

I think, for VRBO (vacation rental by owner), you have to choose an arrondisement, then you can sort by number of persons. So, often, a 6-8 capacity apartment has three bedrooms with 2 people sleeping on the fold out couch in the living room. A bit cumbersome.
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Yes, you can sort by number of bedrooms on VRBO. In the new design you must first choose an arrondissement, and all properties in that area will be displayed. Just above the first property displayed, on the left, is a "Sort by" option - you can click to sort by number of photos, number of people the property will sleep or number of beds, in ascending (up arrow) or descending (down arrow) order. Click the down arrow next to "Beds" and properties with the most bedrooms will appear first on the list.

Have you had a look at homeaway.com? Using the advanced search you can specify 3 bedrooms.

I, too, dislike that VRBO no longer lets the user sort without regard to arrondissment.
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM

eleanor, the apt is in the 7th but i think it shows up in the 6th on VRBO type in 217195 in the property # and it will come up. We will certainly let you know about the apt. If the apt is as nice as the owner it will be a thumbs up. She has been very helpful. She was actually at the apt when we were booking it. She emailed from the little purple chaise. I must admit I am a little jealous!
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

This apartment was suggested to me by an agency we've used before
http://www.welcome2france.com/?priva...apartments=278
I think the apartment looks fabulous but we were leaning more towards Marais/St. Germain/Palais Royale. I'd appreciate opinions.
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM

There is just something about beds on the floor ( no frame) for a vacation. Seems like back in first apt feel. We have had to do this at home and it is no so fun. Type the address in google earth maps and walk the neighborhood. I just prefer rive gauche !
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 07:02 AM

Take a look at www.parisperfect.com apartments. I only stay in them, now. After staying in just one, it spoils you for anything else. I have stayed in many and I am in Paris now for a month Paris Perfect stay!

Enjoy...

Joan
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 07:11 AM
cw

The Champs Elysees -- Foch apartment is nice but you said you wanted a central location, and that is not central for tourist activities. From the description it seems like the 3d bathroom doesn't have a shower. That may not be a problem for you though. I just like to stay where it's convenient to walk to a lot of places and not have to take the metro or a bus each time.

Can't remember if it has a/c and you may not need it, depending on the time of your trip.
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

OK, we're down to two. We've ruled out the Champs Elysees apt because of the neighborhood, and cw's apartment is sadly not available. Our choice is now between this one http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_210.htm and 4ddawg's portrait of paris apartment. They seem comparable to me, there's a price difference but not a deal breaker. Do more experienced eyes prefer one over the other?
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM

The Portrait property looks to have nicer finishes/furnishings, though the VIP property is about 130 sq ft larger. If you want luxury, I'd go with Portrait but would also be quite happy in the VIP property. Toss a coin!
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

The portrait apartment won the coin toss. 4ddawgs, when are you going? I can't wait to hear what it's like.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Eleanor, sorry for the late reply. Been in Miami on business. UGH
We leave in 15 days .
Will let you know as soon as I can. I really "like" the owner. She has been most accomodating. Wish me the best. I go with my husband's family - 10 days with the out-laws! LOL
We have 8 in our circus.
Say a prayer for patience for all of us!
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

I've also found the owner remarkably pleasant to deal with. I'm sure even out-laws will seem beautiful in Paris. Have a great time
Old May 26th, 2009, 06:49 AM

eleanorw

We just returned!

the apartment was fabulous! It was just as pictured. Fresh flowers on the dining table and fruit in the kitchen.

The neighborhood was wonderful. Very safe and convenient. There was a lot of construction along Rue du Bac and spots of Blvd St Germain but who can control that? There is a patisserie with very good breakfast goodies as well as quiche and sandwiches. across at the corner. closed Sat and Sunday Very reasonable. Also a Kayser Bakery with eat in or take away. Fromagerie and Fruit market on same street as Kayser. Be sure to walk the part of Rue du Bac in "front" of the apt. Go 4-5 blocks to the ice cream shop.

I hope you enjoy your time there as much as we did
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:40 AM

vacationinparis.com #210. I had #122, a few steps away. #210 is probably a few steps from Allard Bistro. Happy Travels!
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks 4ddawgs and welcome home! I'm so glad to hear you loved it - I'll just hold my breath til October