Paris apartment -- 3 options

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, thanks to all who helped with my Dordogne area rental decision--after talking to a previous client, we (a family of four including 2 adult children) decided to take the nicer house in the St. Crépin area. Am now working on the four nights in Paris (we parents have been before but it's been a long, long time) and considering 3 options from Vacation in Paris, #s 117, 118, and 119. I've checked previous threads and parisjaunes (wonderful site) but would still appreciate any information on the character of the immediately surrounding neighborhoods, good bistros, ease of getting to major tourist attractions like Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Tower.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 07:55 AM

Here's the link to your additional post describing your 3 apt. choices:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34731368

To add to your message simply respond to your original post (which you can find by clicking on your name).

Good luck!
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, mvor!
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Re: Vacation in Paris #117 rental: I've stayed in this area of the 7th, behind the musee d'Orsay on rue de Verneuil. It is a very quiet area, with good bistros nearby, as well as bakery/cheese/grocery stores. The location puts you in easy walking distance to the d'Orsay, the Louvre, and St. Germain area. The bus route (#69 especially) will give you easy access to most of the 6th and 7th. This seems a very good price for the apartment as it is described. Unfortunately, it appears to be currently under renovation, so no photos are available. Perhaps you could inquire as to floor plan? Enjoy your apartment hunting and have a great trip.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 01:45 PM

In terms of location, I'd prefer the one in the Marais, which is very appealing. You are near the quay right across from the Ile st Louis and therefore close to Notre Dame. Very good in terms of transportation. The St Paul Metro [on Line 1, a good line] is a block away, where you will also see a stop for the 69 and the 96 buses. The 69 stops at the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay on the way to the Eiffel Tower. The 96 also has a very handy route, crossing the Ile de la Cite.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much to you both for your input. VIP has indicated that the apartment is being renovated to a standard similar to that of their #74, including an on demand hot water heater(something that I learned to ask about from this board), and that a floor plan will be along soon. The area did look a bit sterile on parisjaunes and, from what I'd read, it seemed that the Marais would be livelier. Sounds like both locations offer good access to public transportation.