Notices

Paris accomodaions right bank

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Anne

Paris accomodaions right bank

I am looking for a small boutique hotel or perhaps a 2 bedroom flat either in the 1st,2nd, 8th, or l6th district of Paris. I need at least 3 star accomodations, and like everyone else want it central to shopping and metro lines. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Old May 7th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Frenchy

I would not recommend staying in the 16th: too far off from most tourist sights (except Eiffel Tower). The 2nd can be a bit off the beaten track and business-like. I would recommend the 1st or 4th arrondissements. There are good hotel recommendations in the hotel section of Fodor's... Favorite in the 4th: Hôtel Caron de Beaumarchais and Hôtel de la Bretonnerie.

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:30 AM
elaine

Hi
I haven't stayed there but I've head good things about le Levoisier
In August 1999 Travel and Leisure magazine named this one of the best new hotels in Paris. bonjourparis website described it as a "jewel." It is in the 8th arrondissement, near the Madeleine and Opera, next to a branch of Monoprix discount store. I read that the decorating was carefully done in a classical tone. Rooms have 9-foot ceilings, shutters, and some antiques.
May 2001 issue of Bon Appetit said that it is popular because of its right-bank shopping district location as wll as the chic and “buzz” of its clientele. phone 1 53 30 06 06, fax 1 53 30 23 00. for pictures: www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75008lavoisier2.htm
for details on services and amenities: www.wimcovillas.com/hotels/hotellelavoisier.htm
and www.bestlodging.com/sites/10867/index.shtml
hotel details with comments from guests:
http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=9447
I believe it was also commented on right here in the past, do a search (above) for it by name.
For the 16th, the Hotel Residence du Bois has been often praised here; again you can do a search for past comments.
11 rue du Dome, corner of 29 Ave Victor Hugo, 16th. Tel 01 45 00 31 96, fax 01 45 00 90 05, email [email protected] takes credit cards. Note: No elevator, no a/c .

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Anne

Thanks for the info. Since I have only stayed on the Left bank, its nice to have help with an arrondissement. Thanks for your help. I'll check out the Hotel Caron.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:03 PM
geiffel

Stayed at Lavoisier last year--would highly recommend.