Charming Hotel on Right Bank in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am staying my first week in Paris on the left bank with my two daughters the first week of June, after we visit in Italy for a week, we will be returning to Paris for one night before our flight home and I would like to book a charming hotel on the right bank. I'd like to spend about 140-150 USD. Any suggestions? After two weeks of travel, I think I quieter location might be nice but still want to be within safe walking distance of great restaurants, shops...
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:07 AM
awbaker

I booked my in-laws at Hotel de la Bretonnerie in the Marais district. Their "charming" room (one step up from the standard room) is 145 euros/nt.
I haven't stayed here -- have only stayed at Hotel Verneuil (love it!) on the left bank & the Park Hyatt Vendome on the right bank, but it (the Bretonnerie) looks wonderful. And they have been very helpful in their emails to me.

22 rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie
75 004 PARIS
Tel : 0033 1 48 87 77 63
Fax : 0033 1 42 77 26 78
www.bretonnerie.com

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:01 AM

Not on the right bank but very nice and quiet with GREAT restaurants nearby would be the Muguet in the 7eme.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:31 AM

I don't know about quiet quiet, but I am looking around to book a hotel on the Right Bank for a change of location (I usually stay Left Bank) my next trip, and my short list includes Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais in the Marais, and Hotel Queen Mary near the Madeleine. I actually have another hotel I'm considering near the Notre Dame de Lorette/Trinite square area in the 9th arr, which is quiet, but that might not be a lot of people's choice. However, my short list of charming hotels there is the Hotel Trois Poussins www.les3poussins.com and the Lamartine Opera.
http://www.hotels-exclusive.com/hote...pera/index.htm
Those locations are within walking distance of good shops, that's for sure (like the gourmet shops around place Madeline, and the major dept stores). You can't do a lot of shopping in one day, though.
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Try the Hôtel Mansart, just off the Place Vendôme--and the wonderful rue St-Honoré for shopping. It's a very safe area, with quite a few good restaurants and cafés nearby.
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:56 PM

I "second" Christina's choice for the Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais in the Marais. Very nice area, lots of charming shops, cafes, etc. Also convenient to transportation.
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:01 AM

Friends stayed at the Ascot Opera and recommend it highly.
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:51 AM

Hotel de la Bretonnerie was very nice. I, too, went for the charming room. Furnishings were very pretty, with a nice marble bathroom with a deep tub, gracious staff, good location near cool shops. The only downside was that our room smelled of cigarettes ( I am really picky about smells; it might not bother everyone.) We bought some incense at a store across the street, which covered the smell.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:27 AM

On the right bank, I can recommend the Hotel Relais du Louvre. Lovely place...gracious staff.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:09 AM

@ different friends have stayed here and highly recommend it/ They have special offers June thru August

http://www.hotel-britannique.com/index-2.html
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 08:16 AM

Bretonneire and Caron are two that I or freinds have stayed at with good results, but this was a few years ago.

I like to harp on the hotels on Ile St Louis. Budget wise, bit higher than requested. The Lutece and Deux Iles are two small hotels, not large rooms, but in old mansions and in a prime location. There are a couple of others on the Island. I've stayed at the Deux-Iles as well as the St Louis en Ile.

http://www.paris-hotel-lutece.com/
http://www.saintlouisenlisle.com/ind...15&langue_id=2