Reload this Page >

Pantheon & Piazza Navona Hotel recommendations

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:34 AM
LDK
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced hotels in Rome near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona? I have looked into Albergo Cesari and Del Senato but they are both booked for the week in October that my husband and I will be there. Thank you!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:46 AM

Type Due Torri into the search box at the top of the page for info from the archives about this hotel. It books up early, though.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:46 AM

We're staying at a B&B very near Pizza Navona called Residenza canali (www.residenzacanali.com)

We'll be there at the end of December and will be paying 207e for a double and 259e for a triple. There were a few good comments here and several more on TripAdvisor so I'm hoping it was a good choice.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:47 AM
rex

I would recommend pecking around on venere.com - - names of hotels without info on availability is just going to make your search slower.

Notwithstanding... Santa Chiara gets a lot of favorable mention. Minerve is top notch in this area; Raphael is also high end, generally considered worth it, but does have some holes in its ability to please every one (some rooms not up to par, it seems); "something-or-other-Parliament" (right by the Parliament?) is a less-often cited property that has its share of fans, I think.

And there's a relatively more "newcomer" with "Coronari-something or other" in its name; lower priced, fairly favorable comments (but no elevator, maybe?) - - you can probably find more with a search here (rambling off the top of my head, without looking it up for you)... might be slightly out of area, that you are seeking.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:00 AM

Can you tell us your interpretation of "reasonable?"
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:30 AM
rex

Bringing your message back up "to the top" - - since perhaps you are new here? I see that you have already re-posted this question -- maybe didn't know how to find your original question (this one)?

Click on your own name.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:46 AM

I don't know which post to respond to.

Anyway, Hotel Raphael near Piazza Navona has special rates sometimes for 120 euro per night for double (110 for single). It's the only way I can afford to stay at that hotel!

www.summithotels.com
www.raphaelhotel.com
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:50 AM

We have stayed in two hotels in the area. In 2002 we stayed at the Genio, which is practically next door to Piazza Navona.
We had five rooms, all of which were fine, but varied greatly in size. The rooftop terrace is very nice, and we made good use of it every evenng.

In February of this year we (same five couples) stayed at Hotel Nazionale a Montecitorio, very close to the Pantheon. All five rooms were large and nice.

Both hotels were fine, but I think we all liked the Nazionale a little better.

Byrd
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 08:06 AM

We have stayed at the Portoghesi and the Colonna Palace. They are in the same neighborhood, but very different and we enjoyed both.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM
rex

Regrettably, now you have two identical threads going, and both have answers.

Too bad there isn't a way to add a post to a thread when it is first duplicated saying "do not add to this thread - - add to the following duplicate" - - and yet have it NOT "top".