Hotels near Piazza Navona

Jun 28th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Hotels near Piazza Navona

Hello all! - Need a place to stay in Rome as close to Piazza Navona as possible. I will be playing in a music festival that holds concerts in Palazza Sora (bordering Corsa Vitt. Emanuelle), and need to carry equipment, so I need a place close by.

Most of the apartments I've seen are only for rent by the week. I will be staying 5 nights in July, and then returning to Rome later on in August, so it seems like a hotel is the way to go.

The ones I've seen that seem suitable are the Pomezia, Genio, and della Torre Argentina. Has anyone stayed at any of these? Any recs/advice? Any other ideas? Quiet at night & a/c are two important factors!

Thanks & happy travels to all of you!
- Ann Marie
Jun 28th, 2003, 07:30 AM

Hotel Santa Chiara is right off of Pantheon Square if that is not too far. It is tucked behind Santa Maria Sopra Minerva. Nice hotel, great location and pretty reasonable for Rome.

Also perhaps Albergo del Senato.
Jun 28th, 2003, 07:35 AM

check out www.hotelnavona.com also see the residenza-very good valeue.
good luck
Fluffy
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:48 AM

Just got back from Italy - & we stayed at Genio for 2 nights - we don't recommed it - A/C did not work well. Had to switch rooms but it was still a 50/50 chance it would be working when we got back to our room after a being out in 90 degree weather. staff was not helpful & one older man at the front desk was actually quite grumpy. he send us on a wild goose chase to find a laundramat which wasted half a day for us (in 90degree weather remember!!) then to find out there was a place 5 min behind the hotel!
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:42 PM

Dear amp322. I stayed at the Hotel Due Torre, a few blocks north of Piazza Navona in April. Comfortable, very quiet location and if you are lucky as I was a room onthe top floor w/ a terrace.
Buon viaggio

AndrewDavid
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM

Amypbo, oh my gosh, I posted last week about my co-worker not recommending the Hotel Genio as well.

The same thing occurred with her and her husband about the broken a/c unit. But they were moved to another room. I did not ask further but although they were moved she would not recommend the hotel. She did not mention anything about grumpy staff but like I said, I did not delve further as I do not know her that well and risk insulting her hotel choice. I had recommended her to stay in Prati instead.
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:48 PM

I also stayed at Genio last fall. No horrible experiences but the staff was not particularly pleasant and the public areas and room furnishings were a bit shabby.
Jul 6th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Maira

I stayed at the Genio this past November, and although we were treated very well, I do have to agree that the senior gentlemen at the front desk wasn't particularly jovial. In all fairness though, he was very helpful to me and Mom; we even left luggage under their care for three days and they were most accomodating. The Genio is not cheap, the only reason I paid the rates at the Genio is because staying close to Piazza Navona was very important to me, and boy, they are close!. When I got there we did noticed that the Genio could use a paint job and some good refurbishing in some areas. Overall, pleasant stay, next time, I will stay either at the Nazionale or the Santa Chiara.