Reload this Page >

Pamplona Hotel Online sites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Wendy

I'm looking for a website that I can make hotel reservations online for Pamplona. Has anyone used one that they feel is reliable and has a good selection of hotels with dependable descriptions? thanks!<BR><BR>Wendy

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:25 PM
Gene

Wendy,<BR>If you're looking for hotel space from July 6-14, during the Fiesta de San Fermin,<BR>there are a couple of ways to do this, but neither has on-line booking. Booking agencies need to contact the individual hotels directly for this time period, because some of them (like the Europa, Maisonnave, Yoldi) have a repeat clientele that books the same rooms every year, and space is tight.<BR> <BR>You can go to <BR>www.hotelespamplona.com, <BR>which has a list of all Pamplona hotels with their emails, then email each individually.<BR><BR>Or you can send your request to Servicios Turisticos Erreka, at<BR>[email protected]<BR>This agency controls the best hotel space for the Running of the Bulls plus the prime balcony space for the &quot;txupinazo&quot; (6th) and the &quot;pobre de mi&quot; (14th) and for viewing each morning's encierro, sells the most coveted seats for the bullfights, can get you a table at the best restaurants, has the best tour guides, etc. It's the agency to know if you plan to attend the festival.<BR><BR>Be prepared for very pricey rooms. I just received the official rates (in euros) last week. I'll pass on a few (rates for a double):<BR><BR>Iruna Palace Tres Reyes: 400-461<BR>NH Iruna Park: 333<BR>Blanca de Navarra: 202<BR>AC Ciudad de Pamplona: 215<BR>Silken Reino de Navarra: 350<BR>Sancho Ramirez: 249<BR>Albret: 190<BR>Avenida: 221<BR>NH El Toro (5 km. out): 210<BR>Ciudadela (out by the airport): 145-180)<BR><BR><BR>If you're looking for Pamplona hotel space for any other time, then any online booking agency will do.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:10 PM
cc

My advice is to not even bother to get a hotel room (we left our belongings in a train station locker). If all you pretty much want to see is the running of the bulls then just pull an all nighter and then leave. Pamplona pretty much turns into a huge week long college party and it gets pretty nasty (piss, puke and whatnot). Get there the day the whole thing starts and just stay up. There are a ton of activities that are organized for the Fiesta de San Fermin. The tourist information office can give you a copy of all the activities planned . Make sure you reserve your train ticket in and out because it gets difficult at that particular time. It's a once in a lifetime thing to do so enjoy!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:08 PM
Wendy

Thank you so much for the advice. I am just starting the process so this makes it easier. We are only attending the festival for a few days so we will bite the bullet and pay the rates. <BR><BR>cc- my friend did exactly what you did when she was 21. Unfortunately we are mid 30's and I just don't think I can survive a 24hr non stop party without a small room to call my own!<BR><BR>Anyone with any other info or suggestions on San Fermin please feel free!<BR><BR>Wendy

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:04 PM
cc

Wendy, I was 31 when I did it but I do understand having your own room. Although you'll be spending a lot of money on something you won't spend a lot of time in. We claimed our spot for the running at about 3:00 am. I recommend hanging out by the church that's at the beginning of the run. We were up above the people running and it was a great view of the ceremony for San Fermin and the start of the run.