Reload this Page >

West Coast Travelers: SFO to CDG $504

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:02 AM
Betsy

Just checked the American Airlines sale on-line. Site is showing SFO to CDG $504 and OAK to CDG $523. Other destinations seem comparable. Travel must start by 3-31, return by 4-30.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:30 PM
janis

Actually those are not great fares for this time of year, and just OK for April. I saw all the hoopla about AA's big sale and then saw the fares. I've never paid more than about $450 up til Mar 31 and between $450 and $600 from Apr 1 to June 30 (out of SFO, LAX or Seattle to LHR, LGW and CDG on several airlines including AA, VS, BA and UA). <BR><BR>Sales are great - but they should be SALES.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:43 PM
xxx

I'm curious, were these nonstop flights or did you have to change planes? A nonstop of $500 or so sounds good to me--we usually fly AF and their rate for a late Feb/March trip is currently about $650 (we think AF service from the West Coast is a lot better than it is from the East Coast, FYI. AF uses newer planes and seems to have happier staff on its West Coast flights).<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
I'm

I'm curious about where these fares can be found, too. After I saw the original post this afternoon, I got on American's website, and I couldn't find any fares from SFO to CDG in April for under $1,000. (The dates I chose, more or less at random, were April 3 -10, and I didn't limit my search to nonstop flights.) I got the same results on Expedia and Orbitz.<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Betsy

Here's the URL, Curious. I did check it after pasting it below, and it works. Just make sure you get the whole thing pasted into your browser. Took a little looking around and the site is very slow, even with our DSL. Note that travel must begin before 3-31, so heads up when you're looking at random dates. <BR><BR>http://www.americanairlines.com/apps...startIndex=600

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Betsy

Yikes! Didn't realize the URL wouldn't wrap. Sorry!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Alan

I've made that same trip for just under $400 on United. Right now they don't have any specials to Paris but they often do. There's a current 'e-fare' SFO to London that's under $400 right now.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
Kip

United nonstops SFO-CDG are 489.70 (including all taxes &amp; fees) on Travelocity if you're willing to fly Mon-Thurs, stay 30 days or less, and fly out by 3/6, back by 4/3.<BR><BR>United efares often require a short trip - e.g., week/10 days max.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:38 PM
xxx

And United's e-fares are pretty much last minute. That e-fare to London is only for departures Jan. 20 through Jan. 23.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
High---Low

All of you are sooooooo cheap. No wonder the airlines ae folding. We feel lucky when we get a fare under $1000.00 from the west coast to Europe.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:56 PM
Thyra

My husband and I just booked LAX to UK direct for $360.00 pp for travel in Feb. I think you might be able to do better.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:03 PM
SFOGirl

I went SFO-CDG nonstop on Air France last February for $325 (including taxes!) Found that fare on AF's website in the &quot;webfares&quot; section - which is showing fares closer to $500 at the moment.<BR><BR>I booked it about 6 weeks in advance. Had a friend from NYC meet me there, since it was cheaper to fly to Paris than to JFK! ;-)<BR><BR>High/Low: If you want to pay too much, go right ahead. I have no problem being &quot;cheap&quot; so that I can go to Europe 2-3 times a year.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
Wendy

High- low speak for yourself! I live in Seattle and would NEVER pay $1000 to Europe. What a waste of cash! I fly to Europe at least once a year and generally pay $500. And that has even been in May/June! In fact I just found air on SAS from Seattle to Barcelona for $450 ea in July. Your getting ripped off!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:24 PM
Iwas

Thanks for the gentle correction, Betsy. I was so thrilled when I read your original post this afternoon that I leapt into the fray without reading it closely enough. I'll try again, using a pre-March 31 date as my starting date.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:53 PM
cindy

I booked the same flight (almost - from LAX) at $269 on Northwest less than a month ago.