Paging "Just Retired"

Oct 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Paging "Just Retired"

Hello JustRetired. I see that you will be in Bonnieux for several weeks. I am hoping that you can help me.

Would you be kind enough to check out the Hotel Le Cesar in town? My friend and I will be in Bonnieux on May 30,31 and June 1 and want to stay in town or walking distance to town. Le Clos du Buis is fully booked, as is the one B&B they suggested I contact. I e-mailed your current apartment managers, but they only rent for a week, Saturday to Saturday, which won't work for our dates.

I realize that the Hotel Le Cesar is not a top-end property. But could you let me know if it has any "deal breakers", like musty smells, unclean,unusually small rooms,etc. Since the room prices are low, we would probably want two separate rooms, although we would also consider a room with twin beds.

There are no reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, otherwise I would rely on that source and not trouble you with my request. If there are any other hotels in Bonieux, or in walking distance of the town, I would greatly appreciate you letting me know of them. I can't find any, other than a recently closed hotel, which I believe is The Prieure.

Thank you so very much for considering my request. I hope you continue to enjoy your extended stay in Bonnieux. I am so looking forward to our visit there next May.
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Cigalechanta sent me an e-mail message telling me of your post. Look at any of my posts - my e-mail address is given, "[email protected]".

I'll try to drop in on Le César if I'm nearby. I don't know if I want to spend the time to actually ask to see some rooms (I am on vacation here), so I don't know how much I can find out.

I happen to have walked past Le Prieuré this evening - it looked really dark, so I think it is indeed closed.

I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

Here's a site that gives a panoramic view of the hotel:

http://www.panoramavision360.com/vis...otellerie.html

Larry
Oct 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Hello Larry....thanks for the reply and the helpful web link. If your travels in town should lead you by the Hotel Le Cesar, any observations you can give me will be appreciated. I've enjoyed your posts the last two years, and hope that someday soon my husband and I can adopt a screen name that indicates ability to travel more frequently.
Oct 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM

In case anyone else is monitoring this, let me post the message I sent to marthag via e-mail: I walked by the hotel [a couple of evenings ago], and went in. The lobby looks very nice. The restaurant was set up for dinner, and looked very attractive, and the panoramic view is certainly spectacular. I was greeted by a woman at the reception, but she said that all the rooms are occupied, so there's no room I can see.

She gave me a card:

Hotel Restaurant panoramique César
Chambres avec terrasses privatives et vue
Place de la Liberté - 84480 Bonnieux
Tel 04 90 75 96 35 - Fax 04 90 75 86 38
Site Internet : www.hotel-cesar.com
E-mail : [email protected]

She noted that you'll need to book well in advance for May.

Additional note 10/9/07: I ran into an Australian woman now staying here at the Bastide Maréchal-Denier, who stayed at Le César for one night, with her husband and two children. She said her room was very nice. There's no parking lot attached to the hotel, but they managed to find parking nearby on the street (it's now a bit off-season). You can certainly stop in front of the hotel long enough to drop off luggage, and then park in the public parking lot which is not all that far off (a bit of a walk, but if you can't walk very far, you shouldn't be in Bonnieux in the first place).

Larry
Oct 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks to you, Larry, for this "on the ground" research into the Hotel Cesar. I am in the process of booking two rooms there for May,2008. I'm now confident that this hotel will be just fine for my friend and me.

Not many people have the services of an on-site hotel sleuth. I sure appreciate your efforts on our behalf.
Oct 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM

You may want to ask Le Clos du Buis to keep you on their mailing list. They were sold out for the second week in June but I asked them to keep me informed if they had a cancellation. To my surprise, I got an email and they did in fact have a cancellation so I now have a room booked.

Just a thought since it was your first choice.
Oct 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Hey Larry,
SMOOCH!!!
Oct 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM

My first internet smooch! Smooch-smooch right back (one on each cheek). Margie and I are still here in Bonnieux, but we're leaving tomorrow AM for CDG (via TGV from Avignon), and then home on Sunday. Yes, I'm following the thread on the SNCF strike, but at the moment, our train looks good to go.

- Larry