Milarepa - Reservation Process Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided to make reservations at Milarepa for our stay in Malpais, but am a little confused about the $$ required to make a reservation. Their website has a form to fill out with type of bungalow, dates, credit card info, etc., but it doesn't say the percentage of the bill that you must pay to reserve a room. It has a blank for a dollar amount to be charged, but I don't know how much to give them. Do any of you that have stayed there remember?
Thanks!
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Forgot to ask this: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Surf the Place? I've also seen it referred to simply as The Place. Their website looks nice, but there doesn't seem to be mention of it on this board or any of the other websites I've looked at.
Thanks!
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Iza

As a general rule when making reservations by internet, I always send an e-mail to the hotel rather than filling out the reservation form. This way you get what you need and the hotel will let you know if they just need cc # or actual deposit to hold the room for you. Sending an e-mail also does not create an obligation on your part until you actually send in the cc information (in case you change your mind), while completing the form may subject you to their cancellation policy before you actually commit to stay at a place.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:22 AM

I agree with Iza. I always contact hotels by email first.
As for The Place, I have not stayed there but have seen it. I didn't like the rooms because although it says 'surrounded by lush landscaping', that was hardly what I saw. Of course that was back in 2001..or 2002 and it was fairly new, so maybe the plants have grown up, but with the sun beating down on them at the time I thought they must be awful hot inside. I also didn't like the location because it's on a small hill across the steet from the ocean. I wanted to be ON the ocean so I stayed at Tropical Latino. I also wanted a cool fresh water pool and The Place didn't have a pool. What I DID like was the food! I had a GREAT salad and pasta for dinner there one night!
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks y'all. I should have said this in the first place, but I did email them to check availability and when they emailed me back they told me to fill out the form. I emailed them back today to ask how much they need for the reservation - it just usually takes a few days to hear back from them, so I thought the board might have been quicker!
Thanks!!