Orly Shuttle to Gare de Lyon

Aug 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Orly Shuttle to Gare de Lyon

Did a search but hoping to find happy customers who can recommend a shuttle service from Orly to Gare de Lyon. We just want it simple and easy and not use multiple means of transportation to get from point A to point B....thanks in advance
Aug 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM

I've used many shuttle companies, but usually from CDG. However, the shuttle companies service both airports. A few months ago I used www.parishuttle.com and was fine with them.

Shuttle thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...mendations.cfm Happy Travels!
Aug 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM

I think the shuttle from Orly is 12.50 € pp. If you are two or more, I would jump in a taxi, particularly if non-rush hour.
Aug 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM

A taxi is the most reliable transportation option in Paris. From ORY to Gare de Lyon a taxi will probably cost no more than 25€ to 30€ plus you will avoid all of shuttle headaches: prepayments, no shows, late shows, and delays caused by waiting for and dropping off other riders.
Aug 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, is 30euro for 2 and do I confirm the price before loading our bags?
Aug 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM

No you can't confirm a price with a taxi although they may give you an estimate, they run on a meter which goes down as you depart ( it will already have an initial charge on it, I think around 3€.)
Aug 13th, 2011, 11:03 AM

taxis don't have flat fares in Paris, even to/from airports. Taxi fares aren't per person, so there isn't any fare "for two". There is a slight surcharge per person for four or more people, but it's just like taxis everywhere, the fare is for the trip not by person.
Aug 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

Decided on Paris Shuttle, do we tip the driver? Again, thanks to everyone for your help.