Search

One day trip to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One day trip to Paris

Hi,

I am going to stop over at Paris for one night before going home to Vienna the next day. This is my first time to Paris. Any advice on what to do for one day trip in Paris. Thank you.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM

Guess it depends on how much time you will have. If you have a whole day, may be worth it to do one of the organized tours that takes in the major highlights.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Citirama is a good agency for planned tours like the previous poster suggested. I have used them a couple of times. They have a website, though you can visit them directly in Paris.
I am not sure of the address, but I believe they are on the rue de rivoli,
behind the louvre, in a large public
square, next to a monument of a man on a horse, which I am embarrassed to say, escapes me now, but it is easy to find..good luck and have fun..I love Paris, been there twice.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Original Poster

I will be arriving Paris early in the morning and i can out in the city by 11.00 am. I would love to go around either by walking or using the metro. Would love also to visit the museum. But i dont know from where I should begin my walking trip and also which museum I should visit and is it a good idea to buy museum pass and paris visite pass for that one day trip?

I would be staying at the Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres (still wondering in Paris No.?) . From the internet it seems to be a good hotel and anybody knows this hotel or the area may be could give me an idea of the area for cafe, bistro and a places to have a good lunch and dinner at a reasonable price.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Original Poster

Daisy thank you for the info and would love to try it but I would love most is to go around by walking and also thru the metro. Any suggestion? and where to begin with?
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM
ira

Hi M,

If you enter the address of your hotel (92 RUE DE VAUGIRARD) at www.pagesjaune.fr, you will see that you are near 2 metro stops.

You can get a map of the metro system and directions from your metro stops to anywhere in Paris at www.ratp.fr.

You might want to take the no. 4 metro from St. Placide (dir Clignancourt) to Cite', visit the Ile de la Cite' and Ile St. Louis, cross to the right bank and get on the Batobus, which will take you to many of the major sites.

See www.batobus.com

Have a nice day.

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 05:16 AM

If your goal is to get a whiff of the most famous monuments, a bus tour is one way to do it. Here's my version:

<b>http://tinyurl.com/c2tgo</b>
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ira and Robespierre. Both sites are really helpful. Love the ideas and the map is so wonderful. Well I hope it will help me a lot on my trip there. thanks again.