Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Day Trip From Paris-Other Points of Interest in Paris

Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:15 PM
Paris Lover

My husband and I will be in Paris for 4 days. This is our 3rd trip; we've "done" the tourist destinations such as the Eiffel Tower, Seine River cruise, Versaille, the Lourve, Arch, Notre Dame, and a side trip to London. What other destinations in Paris can you recommend and/or a 1 day trip elsewhere in France? We will be leaving on January 21st.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Michael

In Paris: The musée d'Orsay, the Picasso Museum, the Musée Cluny (one of my favorites), or just walking through the different "passages". Day trips outside Paris: Chartres, Fontainebleau.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:49 PM
Michael

Second posting, the first one did not seem to take (my way of apologizing for a double posting).
In Paris: Musée Picasso, Musée d'Orsay, Musée Cluny (one of my favorites). Or wander through the "passages" which protects you from potential inclement weather.
Outside Paris: Chartres, Fontainebleau.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
nancy

Unless the weather is very rainy consider a day trip to Rouen - has 3 lovely cathedrals, half-timbered buildings, and a few museums. The city itself is just interesting to wander around. I have a report on my day there. If you're interested, e-mail me directly.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:10 PM
Fred

Just strollng the smal streets is, to me, the very best of Paris. Sitting at a cafe. But for sights, how about Jacquemart Andre Museum, Hotel de Ville, Chateau de Vincennes, the stamp, flower and bird markets. Marmottan Museum, Pere Lachaise cemetary? For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com