Reload this Page >

Nurberg Train to Munich

Search

Nurberg Train to Munich

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:03 PM
DC51

Nurberg Train to Munich

Can someone help me ? I will be taking a train from Nurnberg to Munich next week...Want to know approximate cost & travel time...Train times, where I get a ticket, etc.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
Greg

DC51,<BR><BR>Your trip from Nurnburg to Munich should take about 2 hours and cost either $63 or $43 depending on whether you want to go first or second class. You can check the schedule out on the Swiss timetable Website at www.SBB.ch and you can buy your ticket right at the station or any travel agency for a small fee. Happy travels.<BR><BR>Greg<BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2004, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should also know that you can reserve a seat at the time you book. First class does not necessarily include a reserved seat. I believe if you book 3 days in advance it is less.
We found the trains easy and the agents helpful.

Good Luck
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 06:32 AM

You can use a Bayern-Ticket I believe, which will be much cheaper, and is valid for up to 5 people (or something like that). Lots of trains of varying speeds from Nuremberg to Munich.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 06:38 AM

http://www.bahn.de/d_regional/view/b...rnticket.shtml

tells you all about it, but only in German... Basically, it costs 22EUR, valid all day in Bavaria, for up to 5 people, limited to the slower trains though (ie no ICE, IC or EC), also valid on transit systems in Munich and Nuremberg for the same day, valid from 9AM onwards on weekdays and all day weekends.

If you go to www.bahn.de, you can get detailed schedules &amp; train info.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 06:40 AM

Me again. OK, on RE trains (Regional Express) the trip would be about 2hrs 45mins.

Hope this helps!!!
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 07:52 AM
MaureenB

We recently took the train from Prague to Munich, and changed trains at Nurnberg. It is a bit over 2 hours from there to Munich. We used the Bayern Pass for following day trips, but I think you would be better off with an express train, unless you don't mind stopping at every train station along the way. The pass would be cheaper, if it applies, as it's a great bargain. Try Euraide.com for other point-to-point tickets. They are based in Munich and were very helpful to us. I didn't have much luck figuring out schedules and prices via other sites. Euraide will charge just the face value of the tickets, plus a $45 handling and shipping fee. They also have an 800 number you can call.