Novotel Les Halles

Nov 1st, 2004, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Novotel Les Halles

Has anyone ever stayed at this place? The location seems great and I am currently thinking about trying a Priceline bid for it. Right now I have a reservation at the Hotel Jeanne d'Arc but I was thinking about being a bit more central.
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:33 PM

This one caught my eye. I stayed in this hotel on my virgin trip to Europe,back in '85. Unless it's changed spots,it's very near the Pompidou Centre in a convenient but not very charming location. As a bit of trivia,this hotel was the first place I ever saw toilet seats with the automatic plastic covers that change each time you flush!!!
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:44 PM

Richardab, I recall that someone posted here about staying at this hotel within the past year or so. I tried a search but didn't easily find the thread. I'll try again. (or it could have been a different chain hotel by Les Halles...)
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:51 PM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34525436

It was this thread but it isn't very descriptive of the hotel itself...
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:01 PM

I think someone said the AC doesn't work that well in summer, or they don't put it on at night, something like that.

You seem to know where it is, but I wouldn't consider the hotel Jeanne d'Arc to be not central or there to be any advantage to being near Les Halles or Chatelet metro as compared to the St Paul metro. Actually, I'd prefer the latter location myself, but it is true Les Halles is a little closer to Notre Dame if that's the criteria you are looking for. On my map, the Novotel is about 100-150 meters closer to Notre Dame than Hotel Jeanne d'Arc. I think that's about 1/10 of a mile.
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM

I read reviews that the Novotel Les Halles shuts off the air conditioning from midnight to 6 AM.
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Bringing this to the top...I'll be staying at this hotel in mid-November. Has anyone had a good, bad or ugly experience there lately?
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM

Have you checked if there were any comments from former guests at Trip Advisor?
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM

I was there 3 years ago. The breakfast is quite good. The location is very convenient to most of attractions
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:45 AM

The location is extremely central, especially from the standpoint of transportation. The neighborhood gets a bit seedy late at night.

Lots of places in Paris turn off the air conditioning unless it's about 150° F outside. They don't hesitate to waste energy one excessive heating in winter, though.