Reload this Page >

Nomination bracelets!

Search

Nomination bracelets!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:22 PM
arf

Nomination bracelets!

Has anyone purchased a nomination bracelet<BR>in Italy and what was the cost?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 03:18 PM
xx

Maybe I did ..but I don't know what you are talking about!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Dave

I was nominated for class president once, but that's a long story.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:20 AM
sandra

I was just in San Remo and many Jewlers in the old city had nomination bracelets and they were cheaper then here. Only problem was they all had them premade , there was no choices as to what charms were on them. The brace;et here is only 7 dollars it's the charm choice that makes them expensive.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 11:56 AM
bijoux

So, Sandra, would you describe for the rest of us a nomination bracelet? Should we understand from your post that it's a charm bracelet?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Betsy

Nomination braclets are charm braclets but they're an expandable, silver stretch band. Think watch band. They're not very wide and you can remove the little silver squares and put a same size charm in its stead. The squares are kinda like tiles. They about 1 square centimeter, maybe less. A charm might have an inital, a birth stone or a flag embedded in it. Some of the charms have gemstones and are quite expensive.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Melissa

You can find them right here in Hawaii!<BR><BR>http://starbulletin.com/2002/06/13/features/story2.html<BR><BR>The base bracelet costs $6 to $8.Charms range from $18 to $54 each, with 80 percent of the charms running about $18. The average person needs to add three to four charms to the base bracelet to make it fit.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:50 PM
demi

Why do they call it that??

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Mari

Sandra, this has nothing to do with bracelets but I read that you were just in San Remo. We will be leaving for Italy in two weeks and we will be staying in San Remo for the second half of our vacation in Liguria. <BR><BR>Can you recommend any sights to see in the area, places to go for day trips (in Itay and France), good restaurants, etc.?<BR><BR>Thank you.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Sally

Does anyone know where I can order one online?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 07:46 AM
arf

I beleive they are called Nomination because that is the name of the original manufacturer.<BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Suzy

Plenty on eBay.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:13 AM
peggy

Are these bracelets something new, or have they been around for awhile? I've never heard of them (not that that means anything!) but think they are very interesting - Are they "in style"?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Erin

Peggy: the bracelets have been around for a while (early-mid 1980s I think), but are just becoming popular in the US. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about...the old fashioned charm bracelets are much more, um, charming.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:23 AM
peggy

Erin: Thanks for the info. I also enjoy my traditional charm bracelet, but it is "noisy." Since I'm going to Italy this fall, I may check into these.