Search

night near CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
night near CDG

Changing plans. Instead of driving from Bayeaux to catch plane to US, will be spending the am around Bayeux, then driving and sighseeing towards CDG. Will want to stay close enough to airport to arrive for 2:00 pm flight. We will have already spent time in Giverny on the way out. Should we turn the car in at airport or someplace else? Any ideas about where to stay?
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM

See if you can find something in Senlis. It's just a few miles north of CDG and is a very nice town. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM

This probably goes without saying, but don't cut things too close. You would want to have your rental car turned in and be in your terminal, ready to check in by 11:30 a.m. for a 2 p.m. flight. If you can turn your car in at the airport, than that would make sense to me. You'll want to know EXACTLY where the return point is in relation to your terminal, etc. (Flight day is not the time to be figuring out details unless you leave some margin.)
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM

Senlis is an excellent suggestion. It's about 20 min past CDG from the direction you will be coming. Stay the night and turn the car in at the airport in the morning.

In Senlis, I can recommend the Hostellerie de la Porte Bellon. It's a 3 star hotel with a nice restaurant, and situated in the old part of town which is very attractive. It has lots of parking available.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Nice, charming hotel in Senlis:
www.portebellon.com
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much--Senlis sounds good and I will check out the hotel. I am picking up the car in Vernon and hope I can get good directions on how to turn it in. I assume there will be some directions at Avis in Vernon. My aunt and I are spending several days in Giverny to paint and see the gardens. Taking some train trips into Paris.