Nicolas Inn Rome

Old Nov 10th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicolas Inn Rome

Has anyone stayed at the nicolas inn in rome? I got the name from one of the e-travel newsletters but I can't remember which one. it seems that almost every hotel claims to be a 15-20 min walk to all attractions. I am most concerned about finding a good location/neighborhood for $100/night in March 2005(or at the most 100 euros - if it's really great). thanks.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM

We stayed there 6 nights in October. It is maybe only a 5 minute walk to the Forum down Via Cavour & at most a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum. I thought the neighborhood was good.

We liked it very much. The hosts (Francois & Melissa) were extremely nice. Melissa was quite helpful with questions we had regarding meals, bus routes, etc.

I would very highly recommend it.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 10:35 AM

I don't know anything about it, but the hostess Melissa posts on the SlowTrav.com message board.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM

And speaking of SlowTrav.com, here is a review of it:

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/hotels...egion=colosseo

--Marv
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 03:54 AM

We stayed at Nicolas Inn over the summer and had a great stay. Very helpful staff and clean rooms. Modern bathrooms are certainly a plus!

Most hotels in the city center of Rome claim to be a 15-20 minute from all of the sites because they typically are. The city center is very small. It's not like Paris (if you've been there). If you pick a central hotel you can walk to everything.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 05:32 AM

I'm staying at Nicolas Inn next week. I'm fairly confident that the place will be OK because I've read positive comments on Rick Steves, SlowTrav & Tripadvisor but you never know until you see the place. I'll report back as soon as we return.
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 08:11 AM

Back from Italy & had a blast. Book your room at the Nicolas Inn without any worries. The place is truly a home away from home. Yes, the place is new and clean with very nice rooms.

It's the hosts that make this place so great. When we arrived they went over a map with us and pointed out the main stuff to see, how to get there, the best days to go, opening hours. Their restaurant recommendations are great. There are several good places to eat right by the B&B but they also suggested places throughout the city.

There were some strikes and protest marches during our stay but again, the hosts told us about them ahead of time so we weren't really inconvenienced.

We had a bit of rain. They offered us umbrella one morning but we said no, thinking the gray sky would turn into sunshine. Well, 5 blocks from returning we were caught in a nasty downpour! We walked in the door drenched to our undies. They immediately gave us extra towels and even made us tea! They just made our time in Rome very relaxing.

We were really happy with the location. The only time we took a bus was to the Vatican (but we walked back, seeing other things along the way) and the Catacombs, which are out of center. There are ruins all of the place by this B&B! And at night it is really pretty when everything is all lit up.

Nicolas Inn's website is www.nicolasinn.com.