New Years in Paris

Feb 17th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

New Years in Paris

I know that New Year's has come and gone and it's a ways to the next, but I am taking my 21 year old daughter to France and Italy as a late birthday gift. We will be in Paris New Year's Eve and New Years Day. If you were there over this last New Year's, could you let me know how things were while the memory is still fresh? How far in advance do I need to reserve things like restaurants? Where to go? When does business get back to normal? HOw are things between Christmas and New Year's? We arrive on 12-27. Thanks
Feb 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I would think that you could wait til you arrive, then get your concierge to make a New year's eve booking- or do it yourself if you find somewhere you like.

a tip i heard the other day from a top maitre d was for teh best restaurants, try on the day or the day before you want to dine - they get lots of cancellations or no shows. Might be tricky at New year though.

Good luck!
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:25 AM

I would assume the opposite. Many restaurants in Paris put on special dinners with entertainment for New Year's Eve and they are booked months in advance. I wouldn't count on a cancellation, especially if there is a particular place you'd like to go to.
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM

St. Cirq - I thought that's what I said!
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Hi, annhig:

What I read was <<I would think that you could wait til you arrive, then get your concierge to make a New year's eve booking- or do it yourself if you find somewhere you like.>>...then you backtracked and said it might be tricky at New Year

Kind of a mixed message, no?

Anyway, no harm done