Search

New Years Eve

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Jim

New Years Eve

Any suggestions for a cool European New Years Eve this year? I spent last year in Prague, had a wonderful time, and was hoping to emulate the experience.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:11 AM
janis

Anywhere in Scotland for Hogmanay. Especially Edinburgh which becomes one HUGE street party. But you need to book accomodations months ahead.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Jim

Thanks Janis, had considered it, especially with cheapo flights up there from down here. Had heard that you need a ticket for access to certain parts of the town, is that real or just talk?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:29 AM
janis

Definitely "real" - the entire city centre is blocked off and you need a ticket to get inside the baricades.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Sheila

Agree with Janis. The stuff for next New Year's not up yet, but it will be much of a muchness with last. See<BR>http://www.edinburghshogmanay.org/

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Dev

had a great time in Madrid last year-place does not go to sleep-traffic jams at 4am-off to berlin this year

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:46 PM
chris-in-fw

<BR>My wife and I are considering Europe for New Years. Specifically, it looks like AA has $500 to Frankfurt. <BR><BR>After doing a search, I don't see much on this topic for our area. Anywhere within an 8hr train ride would be OK.<BR><BR>Any suggestions? We are in our 20's.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Shar

My husband and I were in London for New Years 2001-2002. We had theatre tickets, and had a great dinner. However, we tried to get a drink at pubs and they were all closed or were having private parties so no luck there. We ended up walking up to Picadilly with hoards of other people. Not quite like Times Square but we enjoyed ourselves.<BR><BR>Shar