New tour operator for Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard or used Paris Addict? I can't find a website on them and want to see if they can organize a few tours for the end of September. I read about them somewhere, but didn't keep the article! I think they may be based in Paris with different hotels and would like to know if they can organize an itinerary without staying at the hotels they are linked at.

Any info is appreciated.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 05:33 AM

Is it this..?
http://www.paris-addict.com/
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 09:37 AM

That website Travelnut lists is a company by the same name that manufactures things, it's not the same one. They have some cute souvenirs, though, I guess it's a souvenir manufacturer.

I checked Paris Addict out and found it mentioned twice on MSN and Conde Nast travel articles, just saying they do some guided walks or something. The text in both articles was identical, leading me to believe either the articles were written by the same free-lance author, or it was a quote from a PR release (or both). Lots of those travel articles aren't based on real knowledge.

This company is not listed with the Paris Tourist Office as an official licensed guide, nor is it listed by them in companies doing walking tours or bus tours. They are not listed in the Paris phonebook. The only phone number given in those articles above is a cellphone (no address or any other identifying information is given).

I would not deal with such a company myself, although it may be legitimate. If it is, they should be getting approval and be listed with the Paris Tourist Office, which they haven't.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 09:40 AM

correction, the mention I found was in Travel and Leisure (from googling), and MSN travel takes their stuff, so it's the same citation. So that's one mention.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help.

I have a feeling they are illegal and worried about dealing with them. Paris Walks however have always been very good, so I'll stick with them.