Reload this Page >

Catacomb tours in Paris

Search

Catacomb tours in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Amy

Catacomb tours in Paris

Does anyone have information on a tour company for exploring the catacombs under Paris?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Stephanie

I toured the catacombs a few years ago. As I remember it, the catacombs are only opened certain hours of certain days. The opening to the catacombs sort of hard to find. We did the tour by ourselves and had no problems. It is really quite interesting. Dress warm.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 08:02 PM
MaryC

Amy, when I was there last year there was a tour ahead of me but they were speaking in German.<BR><BR>I'm betting Michael Osman, an American artist in Paris, would be a good guide for the Catacombs (Sally Fowler, could you help us out with the URL, please??). Or do a search on Michael Osman and you should come up with some good info.<BR><BR>"Fodor's Paris" also mentions a company called PARIS CONTACT who will, besides doing walking tours of popular sights, "do individually organized tours". They quote the price at being around 60 francs (less then $10).<BR>PH#: 01-42-51-08-40<BR><BR>Hope that helps???

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Fred

Were rock quarries. Now you can see the bones and skeletons from way back when from old cemetaries when the cemetaries were so piled with skeletons it became a health menace. Has skulls and bones of millions of people, if that is your wish to see. Has received mixed reviews; some people like them, others not at all. Bring a flashlight. Here's information:<BR><BR>Catacombes - are open Tuesday to Sunday 2:00-4:00 and in addition Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:00-11:00.<BR>location is at 1, place Denfert-Rochereau<BR>Metro Denfert-Rochereau<BR>Tel: 01-43-22-47-63<BR>Note: You do not exit the Catacobes at the same place you entered - the exit is at a different location (in case you're meeting someone). For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:53 AM
s.fowler

http://parisfinder.traveurope.net/PF-index.html<BR><BR>See the Paris Underground option

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 10:19 AM
MaryC

Thanks, Sal, you ARE a princess!

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:33 PM
xxx

tp