new site about Paris

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 12:44 PM
parisian

new site about Paris

All of you who love Paris, a friend sent me this new site. does anyone know it? Should I join?<BR>http://forums.delphiforums.com/paris/anglo.htm

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 12:49 PM
lol

Where doid your friend get that URL?<BR>it is:<BR>http://forums.delphiforums.com/ParisAnglo

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:38 PM
ttt

T

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Christina

I've heard of it, I think it is run by a couple women who have a business in France and used to post on the AOL boards, and occasionally do on here. I think they make revenue off the Delphi Forums board, but I'm not sure, and took the Forum from AOL to Delphi for some reasons I'm not sure (perhaps wanting revenue or to advertise or something). I viewed it once or twice some years ago, but don't really like narrow-focus forums that have few members, myself. I get enough to read on broader open forums like Fodors. I think it's free at some limited level, so if you want to try it, why not? Although you should read the terms because I think registering entitles them to use your email address for marketing purposes.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 02:57 PM
scarlett

I believe that they make you register so the forum is cluttered with anons and xxx's ruining things. I don't believe that anyone makes any money off the forum, at least I have never had to pay any!<BR>It is a very nice, congenial bunch of posters and full of good information. Maybe you should try it again.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 02:58 PM
scarlett

Sorry, I should proof read -LOL-<BR>I meant to say that they might make you register to AVOID the anons and xxx's that clutter these forums

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 04:27 PM
StCirq

Christina:<BR><BR>I believe you have the Paris-Anglo Delphi forum mixed up with the Francophile Forum on Delphi, which was &quot;started by two women,&quot; one of them me, who initially posted on the AOL France boards.<BR>And no, it doesn't generate any revenue - to the contrary, it costs us money to run it. Nor are we able to, or interested in, using people's e-mails for marketing purposes. <BR>The &quot;Basic&quot; Delphi service is free. <BR>Delphi has recently initiated a couple of paying plans that offer members (of any Delphi forum) privileges that &quot;Basic&quot; members don't have.<BR><BR>The Paris-Anglo forum is something else entirely.