MORE posting problems!

Search

MORE posting problems!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE posting problems!

I have not been posting much since mid December-until today. Earlier I had problems doing text searches but could usually manage to reply to posts.

Now I can't respond to threads at all. I get a message saying the server (internet explorer) has been reset. I've tried all the usual tricks (logging on to fodors.com instead of my book mark etc.) Posting this to air frustration & alert Fodors.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 06:29 PM

Maybe something is wrong with your computer. I haven't had any problem posting in the last month, except from AOL where you can't (which has been discussed).

I don't think your post will alert Fodors or that they could do anything about it if they read it as there is no technical information in it (your ISP, browser, OS, etc.).

I don't think I've ever had a message about the server being reset. IE isn't a server, as far as my tech knowledge goes. It's a browser. The server would be within Fodors. Sometimes if it is really busy on here or they are doing maintenance (usually Sunday), a response to a thread won't take, but I forget the message for that.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 06:54 PM

i have a reply problem on and off...someone suggested that i pull up internet explorer and then pull up fodors on it....i have been doing this now and it works perfectly....i am aol and expect that it is a problem with them,.....
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 07:10 PM
JonJon

Frankly, i wish you could transfer those problems of yours to these people who are asking things like, "Do you feel picked on at Customs?" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Jan 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM

I've been having the same general problem for the past 2 days. If I switch to another computer, however, I can post. My husband knows a lot about computers, and he suspects gremlins.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM

Many of us who use AOL have had problems posting and using the Fodors search engine. I have been using my Internet Explorer--hit START button, then PROGRAMS, then E (internet explorer), then type www.fodors.com in the browser. This has alleviated the problem for me. Try it and see if it works for you. Cheers, John G.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:45 PM

My problem turned out to be a bad cookie. Once that was deleted, all has worked just fine.