New LV store opens in Paris

Oct 14th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

New LV store opens in Paris

Of limited interest to most Fodorites, but...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/13/fa...13vuitton.html

You could make a downpayment on a house for the value of the freebies they gave to their 50 most valued American customers. Somehow, my invite was lost in the mail ;-)

Anyway, a new sight on the Champs Elysees.
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Does Oprah know about this????
Oct 14th, 2005, 10:39 AM

My sister is a buyer for LV and also is in charge of the VIP customers for her area. Apparently the clamoring for invites to this thing from the people who consider themselves "valued customers" is reaching epic proportions.

No doubt these people spend more at LV each year than my yearly salary - but they are nowhere close to spending the amount necessary to be considered one of the lucky 50.

The problem (for my sister) lies in the fact that she must handle the very delicate process of telling these people that she cannot guarantee them invites - but do it in a way that preserves their desire to continue shopping at LV.

As you can imagine, some of these people are rather puffed up on their own importance and quite pushy. My sister has had a couple of VIPs become quite unpleasant and not so subtly threaten her job if she didn't produce invites for them.

She is so ready for this to be over.
Oct 14th, 2005, 10:50 AM

I don't know why they would put a Las Vegas store in Paris. Although, there is a Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. This is all so ironic in the 21-st century.
Oct 14th, 2005, 04:32 PM

Chepar ... so that's what behind that cockamamie story that your sister gave me! And to think that I believed her.

Back to shopping at that other French store - Tar-jay.

Nina