Help with Itenary for 4 days in Spain.

Oct 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Help with Itenary for 4 days in Spain.

Author: bewareofdog ([email protected])
Date: 10/12/2005, 06:37 pm
I am planning a trip to Europe for late summer next year. 6 days in Italy and 4 in Spain. I need help compiling my itenary for the Spain leg of the trip.

Aug 28: ?

Aug 29: ?

Aug 30: Madrid (day trip to Bunol for Tomatina)

Aug 31:

I have already been to Madrid and Barcelona and loved them both and wouldnt mind going back. I'd like to see something new and get in at least 2 cities Madrid somewhere else)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM

We just returned from a trip to Spain, and here are some of the things we really enjoyed:

The Alhambra in Granada (you need to get advance reservations.

The Cathedral in Seville (huge and just beautiful). Also went to a Flamenco show.

In Jerez de la Frontera, visited the Sandeman Sherry winery and went to a show of the Andalucian Dancing Horses.

Went to the mountain town of Ronda, built right on the edge of a cliff.

Visited Gibraltar (nice to visit -- once anyway)

Have fun with your planning
Oct 13th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Since you've only set aside 4 days and are already planning on being in Madrid at the end of August, why not use the time for a day trip to Segovia and another one to Toledo, so you won't be spending all of your time on the road.

Forget Bunol and the Tomatina on a day trip from Madrid. It's hardly worth your time. It's an over hipped one day festival, but if you go be sure to bring along a change of clothes.
Oct 14th, 2005, 08:48 AM

I traveled all throughout Spain in March and with the limited time you are alloting to travel Spain, I would concentrate your time around Madrid. Take a couple of day trips, to segovia and Toledo. Also see the valley of the fallen. But if you would stay in Spain longer definetly check out Grenada and Seville, both excellent cities.
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:33 PM

How are you getting into spain? Generally agreeing with Matty,,,,I particularly enjoyed Segovia and would not hesitate staying there.

Granada and Seville would be nice but really if you are only planning such a short stay I wouldnt bother.

What many people seem to do is Cordoba in one day. I spent three days there and love it but it could be done in a much shorter time. Additionally, you can get there easily on the AVE from Madrid