Need TGV Assistance

Search

Need TGV Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need TGV Assistance

I wish to book our TGV tickets for Paris-Avignon in June online. But I am having some trouble.<BR><BR>First in the list of countries, Canada does not even appear. (I didn't think they're mad at us -- ok, lame joke). Also,the terms and conditions state that &quot;If your booking was made between thirty (30) and sixty two (62) days before departure date, you must collect your tickets within fifteen (15) days of making your booking.&quot; However we don't arrive in Paris until the day we are travelling by train.<BR><BR>Then on the booking page where you indicate &quot;Country where tickets are to be delivered or collected&quot;, again Canada does not appear in the drop down window, indicating to me that I can't have them mailed to me either.<BR><BR>Cleary I am thick as a brick. Can anyone help with this? I must be missing something.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

OK, I am a complete dolt! I have now found the buried line of text in the Ts and Cs where it's indicated I can pick the tix up right up until departure time. It's that they must be paid for 15 days in advance. Sorry all.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:46 PM

I think you have it right, but just to make sure, you do NOT want to put Canada in the box of countries where you will pick up/deliver if you intend to pick them up in France. You should pick them up in France as I don't believe they will deliver to North America. They don't include N American countries anywhere.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:15 PM

SNCF English language telephone number is: 011 (from USA) 33 8 92 35 35 39. You can order by phone, pay with credit card and either have tickets mailed free of charge to you or pick up in France. <BR><BR>Larry J<BR>
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 05:06 AM

I have &quot;collected&quot; my TGV tickets in France 3 times without a major problem. After reserving over the web before departure from home, I went to Gare Montparnasse to obtain my actual tickets because the station was near my hotel.<BR><BR>I was a little surprised that at Gare Montparnasse very little English is spoken. For that reason I found that having my confirmation code was essential. Also, the French like for you to present the same credit card you used originally to pay for the tickets. They want that card even if the charge has already appeared on your statement and you have paid it.<BR><BR>I am not sure why they insist on that procedure when you have your passport for identification and the ticket has been paid in full, but they do. <BR><BR>I suppose it is a means of verification to reduce fraud. But what if you wanted to give someone the tickets as a present???? For example one couple I talked with had been given tickets to Geneva as part of their wedding trip. The card used from the USA to pay for the tickets belonged to one of their parents. (Not sure which one.) The language barrier and the mismatched credit card led to something of a problem that was ultimately resolved. <BR><BR>