Need Lisbon hotel for one night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Lisbon for only one night before a cruise in May, 2008. I need to know a good place to be, considering that we will only have part of arrival day and part of cruise departure day to see Lisbon. (Any advice on sightseeing will be appreciated.)

What we need, I think, is a centrally located hotel, maybe 2-star/3-star, A/C, elevators.

I know that we definitely need more time to see Lisbon, but there is only so much you can do on any given trip, and we are spending our extra days at the end to be in Paris on the anniversary of my husband's death there in 2001 (not a good year).
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Boy, these guys sink like stones! I've read good things here about the Hotel Mundial, but can't seem to get a price from them or reservation possibilities for a date so far away.

We are thinking of reserving Sofitel because they have a cheaper pay-in-advance price €144. There are also sentimental reasons involved.

Any drawbacks? Like location, etc.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We were very happy with Hotel Mondial. We stayed there three nights last March. The location is very central and we found the staff to be helpful. Breakfast was very good although there were a lot of people in the breakfast area.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM

We liked the Dom Carlos Park: it was well located, moderately priced, had large rooms, modern bathrooms, and a friendly and helpful front desk staff. www.domcarlospark.com
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 05:14 PM

LVSue,
For very short stays in Lisbon like yours, I prefer to stay near the airport and take the Metro or even a cab to go to town. Last time (actually, about 3 weeks ago) I stayed at the Radisson SAS Hotel and it cost 63 euros per night for a double: AC, minibar, internet access, etc., and a marvelous breakfast. They even have a free shuttle to the airport!

I will probably stay there again in October on my way back from London (I always fly in and out of Lisbon on my way to Europe).
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM

LVSue. For only one night, I would stay in the center of old Lisbon near Rossio or Baixa,

It only takes at the most 20 minutes to get to the airport and about E10.

I would want a center location because I would want to walk to all of the areas you can see. You have a very short time. Also, there are many cafes and restaurants you can enjoy and not have to bother with a taxi to get there. The taxis are very reasonable, though.

We were at the Metropole of Rossio. I think it is a three star. It has an elevator. The breakfast was wonderful. The Mundial is well received, but I have no experience with this hotel personally.

Have a great time.