Search

Need Hotel HELP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Hotel HELP

Please help me find a moderately priced hotel in Rome close to restaurants and nightlife. My friend and I will be there for 3 days at the end of May.

Also, has anyone ever stayed at the Pitti Palace in Florence or the Hotel Belle Arti in Venice??
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Please give a price range for your definition of "inexpensive," in order to receive the most useful responses.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34488689
This recent thread has recommendations for accomodations under about $130 US in Rome, (and Florence and Venice.)

To find others, type "hotel AND budget AND rome" into the text box at the top of this page. You will find feedback on both of your Florence hotels, I believe, by typing "hotelname AND florence." Also check on tripadvisor.com

For future reference, your post will get more replies if you put the city name in the title.

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. I realized I left out the city name and didn't know how to amend it. As for moderately priced, I was thinking above $130 but below $200 per night.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:08 PM

A good way to "comparison shop" is to go to venere.com and enter your dates for each city. You will get a listing of accommodation types and rates for many hotels, b&bs, apartments, etc. that have availability for your dates. You will be able to read reviews from travelers who have booked their rooms through venere. You can further check reviews for hotels and some b&bs at tripadvisor.com. When you find something you like, come back here to see if any Fodorites have first-hand knowledge. Then you can either book through Venere or contact the property directly if contact information is available on their website.

Good luck and enjoy Italy. I did your trip in reverse order last May and loved every minute of it.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:05 PM

Shows how important it is to be as precise as possible in describing our travel needs. To us, $130-$200 a night would be expensive, not moderate.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Here in NYC that is considered moderate. If anyone has suggestions for hotels below that amount it would be appreciated as well.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM
rex

Aand in Rome it is "moderate" also. Below 110 euro ($130 USD) is more like the bottom quartile in Rome - - and almost always involves giving up something that many people would consider important - - like location, an elevator, "style", private bathroom, services, etc.

Try eurocheapo.com if you want to review the &quot;best&quot;(?) that are <i>under</i> your current target range. Otherwise use venere.com and concentrate on the areas around the Pantheon, Trevi or Piazza Navona - - then come back here and ask for input on the places you find (that have availability) in the price range you feel comfortable with.

$130 to $200 is actually a fairly broad range - - kinda like looking at houses for sale - - big difference between the $130-140k versus the $190-200k

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM

I does depend on what is important to you. Fancy lobbies, restaurants, concierge services, elevators and such are of no concern to us when picking a hotel. Location, a clean room, private bath, and some sort of &quot;style&quot; are about our only requirements. You can get a lot of hotel if you don't need everything.