I need help with a hotel in Florence?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Matthew Dyer

I need help with a hotel in Florence?

I don't know a thing, location? I know I want a private bath and air cond. as well as an old world style. Price range I guess about $100-200. I will be walking everywhere so I guess is should be close to main attractions.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Jean

You'll just have to do some research try Fodor's "Rants and Raves"), although I'm sure people will post their suggestions (mine is the Hermitage Hotel at about $200/night). The great thing about Florence is that it's not very big. You can stay just about anywhere in the city (even across the river) and be within a short walk of the main attractions. Good luck.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:54 PM
xxx

OK, Matt. It's time to learn to use the search function. Look at the top of your screen. You'll see two boxes. The one on the left is labeled "text search," and the one on the right is labeled "subject search." If you type in Florence Hotels (or Rome or Venice, etc.) in the text search box, highlight Italy in the box on the right and press "find," every post that has ever been on this board having to do with hotels in each city will appear. You'll have hundreds to read.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Matthew Dyer

Yes, thank you O wise one. it was very usefull to see each phrase with the name of the hotel I was looking for.opinions are very usefull but withot A phone number or address they cannot be followes up on

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Anna

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Bellettini in May and were very happy with it. We paid about 120 Euros for a large double room with AC and private bath. Breakfast was included and the staff were very nice. It was a short walk from the train station and just around the corner from the Medici Chapel. We liked the location.

http://www.firenze.net/hotelbellettini/

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Sue

Another for the Bellettini; we stayed in the annex in May, '01; it's just around the corner from the main bldg., and our room was truly lovely. We were told by friends to request the annex. Again, run a search on the hotel.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Laurina

Hi Matthew!
My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Casci. The hotel is about 2 blocks from the Duomo, and easy walking distance to all the major sites. We paid 135 Euros a night, breakfast included. The room had private bath and AC. The family who runs the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Their website is www.hotelcasci.com

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:40 AM
sandi

Matthew,

Once you do a search and find a hotel that has interesting comments about it, simply go to yahoo or google and type in the name of the hotel and you'll find its website. Then you'll see the rates, phone numbers etc. Also look at www.venere.com for a good listing of hotels in all area, all price ranges and links to each website. You will have to put in some effort.