Florence Hotel

Nov 9th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Florence Hotel

Is anyone familiar with a reasonably priced nice hotel in Florence? We will be there for three days in May but have no idea where to stay. Someone had suggested Hotel Dali but I don't know very much about it. We will be going to Galleria dell'Accademia, Santa Croce and taking a tour of the city.
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:54 PM

I am going to take pity on you and answer your question. The thing to do is to put "Florence Hotels' in the search bar, select Italy, and click. There are literally thousands of postings on Florence hotels. If you want an answer to a question, it needs to be more specific. Terms such as "reasonably priced" and "nice hotel" are just too general and subjective. How much are you prepared to spend? What do mean by "nice?" There are hundreds of hotels in Florence, to satisfy every taste and every budget. I'm sure you will find one that suits you.
P.S. I'm a "gramma," too!
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:26 PM

Gramma -

I took my mother to Florence last May. We stayed at a B&B a block away from the Duomo called Tourist House Ghiberti. I HIGHLY recommend it! The owners were extremely friendly and location couldn't be beat. The best part though, was the sauna and whirlpool! Rooms were about $150 American per night. I booked them using venere.com. Have a great time in Florence!!
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM

Check out Hotel de Lanzi, a block south of the Duomo. I think it was about $130 a nite. Great location and staff. Ask for room with view of the dome itself: it's spectacular! Do google search or try discoveritaly.com. Have fun!
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:25 AM

One hotel that consistently gets good reviews is the Casci, not too far from the train station.
Look for past comments here, and at
tripadvisor.com
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:35 AM

Gramma:

My mom and I stayed at the Hotel Dali in October and absolutely loved it. It's a basic, budget hotel (no phones or TVs in the room, also does not have A/C but they do have fans . . . probably would suffice in May, I'm guessing) but it's perfectly located (about a 5 minute walk from the Duomo down a quiet street), clean, nicely decorated, etc. The owners are wonderfully helpful and charming, also.

We paid €75/night for a double with a private bath. Our room was located on the back side of the hotel and faced a beautiful courtyard with a huge, gorgeous, ancient magnolia tree in the middle and a dance studio on the other side. The rooms on the front (street) side of the hotel have a view of the Duomo.

They have a website at www.hoteldali.com with pictures, etc.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Florence.

Jennie