Search

Need help in creating an itinerary for honeymoon in Italy&Greece-12 N

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help in creating an itinerary for honeymoon in Italy&Greece-12 N

Hi,

I live in Bangalore, India and getting married on 12th May.

My Fi and I are thinking of a 12 night honeymoon trip around 17th May to Italy and Greece.

I'm not really particular about visiting Rome since its going to take up 3-4 days. We're looking at a very laid back vacation.

The places i really want to visit are: Venice, Lake Como, Florence, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Athens, Santorini.

Please feel free to add/delete places since i'm extremely confused of what to see and not.
Also, we're on a limited budget so if you could suggest some romantic scenic b&b, guest houses or hotels (3 star). We can spurge on our stay in not more than 2 places of our holiday.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sonam
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:13 AM

If you are looking for a very "laid back" vacation, you have too much on your itinerary.

With only 12 days (does that include flights to Europe and back?), if you include all of the placess on your list you will be moving every day or two. That is neither a laid back or budget plan. You will spend half your time in airports and train stations.

Consider dropping Greece altogether or visiting Venice, Athens and Santorini. If you limit your trip to Italy, consider dropping either Lake Como or the Amalfi Coast. These shorter itineraries will allow you to relax and enjoy the places you visit.

Congratulations and happy planning.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:17 AM

For me a laid back vacation would be 2 places in the very limited time you have.

And I think you need to decide if you want to do beach/resort or city/culture/history - or both.

If you want to just relax I would head for the Amalfi coast and Santorini (although you're at the beginning of the sesaon in terms of weather - it can still be chilly at night).

Or, you might want to visit Amalfi for a resort (Capri, Pompeii, ferries to the small towns along the coast and Venice - for a gorgeous city that's very romantic and low key.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Pick 3 based on geography.
More than that will detract from your honeymoon.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM

You have very ambitous schedule! Here a though or two. Spend 6 days on mainland ITaly, finishing up in Venice adn then take an MSCV or Azamara one week cruise that has the Croatia and Greece itenrary you like (MSC is reasonbly priced, Azara higher end). Venice cruise teminal is run very well compared to other cities (like Genoa). Comom ill be a bit cold in May, and does take time to get there from anywhere but Milan, so I'd suggest Rome 2 days you can see it well (just come back), hop a trin to Floence for a day and a night, then off to Venice. Before the cruise you can do Venice (1/12 days is fine), then when you get off the cruise, you'd have a day to take in Veron or Padua on a day trip, then last evening in Venice. If money is no object, stay in Venice, but I recommned Mestre, either the Plaza or the Hotel Tritone. Thye are reasonable quiet despite being right accross from the train station. The bus to/from airport is 100 meters away. Train to Venice leaves about evetry 15 minutes and has only 1 stop. There are some nice outlier hotels (Ai Pini, that are nice, but the Euro fares and wait time to from the train station are a hassle. Have a great trip!
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 11:42 AM

I would never recommend to honeymooners -- or anybody else for that matter -- to stay in Mestre for visiting Venice. You miss the whole experience of staying in a city with no roads, no cars, no trucks, just water traffic. Wandering around at night or early morning before the daytrippers descend. From your room, hearing the water lapping in the canals. Yes, it costs a little more to stay in Venice proper, but there are some lower cost options.

And while I'm at it, avoid the Lido also, unless you absolutely have to have a beach. The Lido has cars, etc.