Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need advice about traveling dates to Greece and to Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg during 2 separate trips

Search

Need advice about traveling dates to Greece and to Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg during 2 separate trips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Lisa

We are thinking about visiting Greece and Holland, Begium, and Luxemburg next year during two separate vacations. We will be vationing in April and August. Which vacation should we take at which time? Should we go to Greece in April and Holland, Belgium, Lux. in August, or the other way around? Your advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks to all.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Wayne

Greece in April and the Benelux countries in August, no doubt.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Sjoerd

Depends on what you like to see and do. For a "sight-seeing" holiday, Greece is (too) hot in August. But if you plan to rent a sailing boat and cruise the Eghean Sea, August is perfect. <BR>April is flower (tulip) time in the Netherlands, which is a huge bonus when visiting the country. But April is cooler than August. And the weather in BeNeLux is so changeable that you could have beautiful weather in April and lousy weather in August.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Lisa

Wayne and Sjoerd, thank you for the information and your opinions. I understand the benefit of going to Greece in April -we will be taking a Windstar Cruise around the islands, but is there a benefit to visiting the Beneleux countries in August? I love flowers and am wondering if I will be missing much if I go to Holland in August. Also, is it warm enough for swimming in Greece in April? <BR><BR>Thank you again for your help!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Lisa

TTT for another try. Thanks.

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Lisa

ttt