NE and Central coast of Spain suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my post today "travel suggestions". Any thoughts and suggestions concerning hostels for adults. Any suggestions of quaint fishing villages (out of the normal travel routes).
Thank you, BS
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM
rex

Better to have the actual text of your question here.

===============================

Author: BobSwanson ([email protected])
Date: 06/10/2006, 06:33 pm
I'm just learning the in's and out's here so pardon me if I've asked a repetive request. My wife and I will arrive in Barcelona on Sept. 11 and leave on Sept. 28. Our main objective other than experiencing Spain is to photograph lighthouses and enjoy the local (rural) culture. We plan to spend a couple of days recuperating in the Barcelona area (near the airport) and then head north along the coast in a rental car trying to find lighthouses and wildlife. When we've had our fill of that area we plan to head south and do the same. We are also considering Majorca for the same. Finally ending up in the Barcelona airport area prior to departure. On a previous trip to Spain (Galicia) we did about the same and stayed mostly in Hostels and usually were pleasantly satisfied. We travel cheap and try to eat at local restaurants but generally just follow our nose. On our last trip we were displeased with the sur-charges that banks added for cashing travelers checks. We are also concerned about security of our belongings since we are photographers and tend to carry a lot of gear with us. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, BS

======================

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jun 11th, 2006, 05:55 AM
rex

You really should ask people to stop posting to "travel suggestions" - - and let it fall to the bottom... and continue the thread here, since it has a meaningful message header.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 09:56 AM

If you like lighthouses and wildlife, I think that you should start in Barcelona and make your way to San Sebastian by way of the Pyrenees, where you will see some of the most beautiful country that is pretty much all off the beaten path.

Mallorca is a world of its own and I think that in 15 days you will be better off staying on the mainland.

I know you have been to Spain before, but after having lived in Alicante and Barcelona, I can honestly say that I don't remember any lighthouses aside from one in Vilajoiosa. Perhaps I am missing something, though, as they are not a point of interest for me. They were when I lived in New England, though.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM

Just a copy of the lighthouse link, just in case you couldn't find it in all these threads.
www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/cat.htm