Navona Suites, Rome

Old Oct 12th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navona Suites, Rome

My husband and I are thinking of going to Rome next month (November). I found Navona Suites on Google and saw that they have what looks like a good discount for that period especially considering their location. Has anyone used Navona Suites accomodation? And what were they like? Any other personal tips for Rome would be appreciated also!
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM

My fiance and I stayed in the Borromini Suite at Navona Suites last may and really loved it. The location is absolutely perfect, just a block from Piazza Navona on Via Governo Vecchio, where there are many shops and wonderful restaurants, and the people running it were lovely. That said, you have to be aware that it is more or less a B&B, so there isn't a "front desk" with someone there to make reservations for you, etc. at all times. The little kitchen that is shared was nice, and they keep the fridge fully stocked with drinks, fruit and yogurt for their guests. I definitely recommend the place!
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Hazel, Im currently out at the Suites and love them, we came a month early due to work complications, you are right about the desk, but I love the whole feel of the place!!! Thank you for getting back to me so soon!
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM

mellieb, Hope you are having a great trip. Are you in the Garden Suites? Would the suites be able to accomodate four? I gather that the location is convenient, how much do you usually have to walk everyday? Also, most important since this is for a trip in Aug, are they airconditioned?
Thanks.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Does anyone have more to add about the Navona Gallery Suites or the Navona Garden Suites? I have to make my decision very soon since they still have a few days available in June which would work for my travel schedule.

Hazel1, can you describe the Borromini Suite - how was the size of the room for two adults, what about the fact that it appears to have only the door to the balcony for any natural light? Did that bother you at all?
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM

Marianna - the size of the room was perfectly adequate for two adults including luggage. The website says it's 25 sq. meters, which I think is about 265 sq. ft., but they may be including the bathroom. We thought the amount of daylight through the balcony door was also just fine, altho we didn't spend too much time in the room during the day. I really appreciated how quiet the room was, since it faces an internal courtyard instead of the street. I hate having to wear earplugs at night to deal with street noise!
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Hello hazel1, thanks for the information. The website says it is 545 square feet but in any event, I have read great things about the place and will book it by the weekend.