Navona Garden Suites

Old May 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navona Garden Suites

One last shout out about this great B&B less than 2 blocks from Piazza Navona. Navona Garden Suites was a great spot with reasonable rates. We stayed there last week and it was well worth it. I wanted an authentic feel of a place and the beds were incredible. A very nice lady named Lynda gives you a little tour of the area. Awesome gelato store to your right..(they saw me twice a day for the entire week) and we ate at Navona Notte a bunch....awesome place around the corner.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:23 AM

Charlottejoe, there aren't many comments on Fodor's about the Navona Garden or Gallery Suites. There are many reviews on TA though and most are positive about the location and accommodations. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We will be at the Navona Garden and Gallery Suites soon so I do have some questions for you:

As for the Garden Suites, was breakfast provided and is there a small fridge and coffee maker in the room?

I have read about noise from a club in the area especially on the weekend nights which is when we will be there. Did you have any problem with this?

Did you like the location?

Any problems with AC or other (not that I have read anything about this in my research, but just checking)?

Did you happen to get a look at the Gallery Suites? If so, can you comment on the Bernini and Borromini apartment - location (I understand it is in a different part of the Garden Suites building), accommodations (how does it look, room size, etc)?

How were the breakfast which were provided? We depart early morning from the Garden Suites (staying one night) and was wondering if they will provide a breakfast the night before to be available in the morning?

As for the Gallery Suites with small kitchen, I have read different info about this and pictured breakfasts and info on website is confusing - from a hearty European type with croisants, breakfast meats,eggs cereals, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk, juice, etc. to just the basic continental type with breads, juice, coffee and some fruit perhaps.

As I said, lots about both places on TA, but little here and I would like to get the Fodorite perspective on this place.

When we return from our trip, I will write a full review - starting with communications for reservations, handling of email and phone exchanges with questions to get information, accommodations, ammenities, atmosphere, breakfasts,etc. I am looking forward to our visit there.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Another question for you, charlottejoe - was it easy for you to locate the meeting place for obtaining the key to your room? I think it is at the antique shop.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Hi Marianna- Good questions..let me go through each one:

1) The breakfast..they had a small fridge and coffee/expresso machine in the room..the breakfast was some pastry thing..we got hooked on the cafe next door and that was our breakfast every morning..it's nothing like an american breakfast..trust me, but the cafe was awesome...

2) noise: yes, it was one night..some club was jammin into the late evening only one night during our weekly stay..i remember that it was a tuesday night of all nights..i read about it on TA too..

3) location: incredible..less than two blocks from piazza navona..we were there every night..easy walking to everything else...we walked down to the colosseum..20 minutes..vatican 20 minutes...no problems...pantheon...5-10 minutes..

4) AC: ice cold..we ran it everynight..

5) gallery suites...didn't see them...sorry!

6) go to the cafe next door..great pastries every morning..

7) yeah...remember, the front door, like most place there is a big heavy door..we look at the list of names on the left side, rang the doorbell and Lynda greeted us..it was easy..they were fully aware of our arrival time and help with transportation..make sure you give them your plane arrival and flight number..we met someone at the airport holding our last name in the air..no problem..

Have fun!
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:13 AM

Hi charlottejoe - Great information - thanks so much!

We arrive in Rome early in the AM so I am sure the room will not be ready so we will stop at theat cafe for a bite to eat. Perhaps we can leave our luggage with the owners so we can walk around a little, too, after the long flight.

Was the small garden area courtyard a nice place to sit and relax?

Interesting about the noise from the club since on TA the management posted it had been taken care of - guess not.

This will be our 4th trip to Rome and we still have lots to see on this trip!