Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Navigating CDG from from Terminal 2D to 2E

Navigating CDG from from Terminal 2D to 2E

Oct 3rd, 2011, 02:56 AM
gbs
Original Poster

Navigating CDG from from Terminal 2D to 2E

We will be landing at CDG tomorrow from Athens, leaving again in just 1 hour to the US. From my recent experience, I don't think it is possible to make our next flight, but am hoping someone can give me info that will help us get from 2D to 2E on time...any advice? Thanks so much.
Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:40 AM

One hour is very short, as you have to go through passport control (for leaving Schengen) and security before going to the gate for your next flight. There will also be extra security for flights destined for US, under TSA regulations.
Oct 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM

If the airline misconnects you (i.e., you can't make it to the gate within the time of the legal connection), it's their responsibility to get you home - assuming everything is on one ticket.
Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
gbs
Original Poster

I know it is very short...that's why I was hoping someone could help me navigate the airport..I know it is very confusing, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out where to go when I get there.
Thanks for the input so far...
Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM

You will definitely miss your flight. I had a reasonable - longer than you have - connection a few years ago. Downloaded maps weeks before and studied. Hopeless.

You will most likely get lost and even if you don't, as others have mentioned, you'll need to go through security lines etc which will slow you down considerably.

Just resign yourself to missing the flight. Not surprisingly, CDG has a special, very large counter exclusively for people who miss their flights. So you will be reconnected and eventually make it home.

I love France but CDG may well be the world's worst airport.

Good luck!
Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:08 AM

Downside to missing your flight at CDG (other than being delayed):
Departure lounge is quite poor, with limited facilities if you don't have access to airline lounges, and overpriced food and drink (airline may give you vouchers, at their discretion).
Your stated preference, such as seat assignment, will almost certainly not be honoured, so you may end up with a poor seat. Upgrading is possible, but not likely on a cheap ticket.

Remember also that CDG is notorious for changing terminals at short notice, so even if you manage to map out your quick transfer route, you may have to scrap it and start again.

Search this Thread