Nafplion Hotels...

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 06:03 PM
David L

Nafplion Hotels...

Anyone have any personal experience with either of these two "boutique" hotels....the Ilion and/or the Nafsimedon. They both look nice through their web sites. Thank you.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:08 PM
skidunk

NAFSIMEDON definitly! Great location on the park very near the pedestrean zone, nice clean rooms, wonderful young lady who spoke excellent english who helped us at the front desk, and a small turtle in the courtyard who will eat breakfast with you. No pool, no american breakfest, but I didn't need those things.

One word of advice, don't even try to get any information from the Nauplion city tourist office. They are not very helpful.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 08:49 PM
byron

Just stayed at the Ilion ten days ago. Very much enjoyed it. Would recommend it.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Marian

I've stayed at both, and enjoyed each equally: Either would be perfectly good choices.
I preferred the location of Ilion, even though you can't drive up to the door, and there are stairs involved. The Nafsimedon, on the other hand, is right on the street which is a big convenience for those with a lot of luggage and/or bad backs.
Both hotels were equally quiet at night.
I really liked the young lady at the front desk at the Ilion, and the fact that they upgraded me to a really cute suite with a nice balcony even though there wasn't much of a view. (It was the "sky suite," bright bright blue with gold accents and cherubs painted on the ceiling.)
I think the Nafsimedon had the better bathroom, it actually has a bathtub! and was probably a little newer. The bed at Ilion was perfectly fine, but Nafsimedon's was a little more comfortable.
Ilion had the edge over Nafsimedon in regards to personality. The Ilion has whimsical "theme" rooms, and would probably be a really fun choice for a younger couple, while the Nafsimedon is a little more elegant and I picture it as a better choice for someone a little bit older.
Breakfast at the Nafsimedon was your standard hotel breakfast: cheese, ham, bread, hard boiled eggs and that wonderful Greek yogurt that you eat with honey, whereas I didn't eat at the Ilion hotel. (Not included in the price, and they wanted 9 Euros.)
I loved Nafplion!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Byron

Marian, I agree with you. The lady who worked at the front desk was really helpful. Actually she recommended we eat at Taverna Vasillis at the base of the staircase and the meal was just great. We loved Nafplion too!