Mykonos: Petasos Beach Hotel?

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mykonos: Petasos Beach Hotel?

Has anyone stayed here? What type of room? How is the transportation/walk to/from Mykonos Town? We are active 40-somethings, prefer to walk if it is doable. Any alternate suggestions for accommodations?
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM

We stayed there two years ago (june '05) and LOVED it. Beautiful pool, lobby bar, breakfast area. The bus to town is right in front as is a place to rent mopeds! It is immediately next to the beach and lots of yummy restaurants, as well as the caique to get to the Paradise and Super Paradise beaches. My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon.... loved our room with its own private outdoor shower! We are very active people- like to go out- and this was a great hotel for us. We stayed 4 days but could have stayed 8!!
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Haenelsski:

What type of room did you have? Love the idea of an outdoor shower. How was transportation to and from Mykonos Town? Any other suggestions/recommendations on this? We have booked the beach resort despite contrary advice. It will be week 2 of a 14 day adventure with my husband and I expect I may want to lounge and pamper myself a bit at this point....
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 07:53 AM

We loved this hotel. The very convenient bus to town- a short ride- is right outside the hotel. We had two different rooms which were both lovely with beautiful views. The second one had a much more comfortable bed and had recently been remodeled so you might want to mention that you prefer a recently remodeled room. The staff were extremely helpful, even tracking us down to forward mail by courier service to us at our next destination. We would return here without hesitation.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
tn

We stayed here in September '05. It was a great experience. As noted, the bus service runs just outside the hotel to Mykonostown. I recall that they had done some remodeling of the hotel prior to our stay there, so you should check on that. We did not have a room with the shower outside, but did have a balcony with a great view. Keep in mind that the hotel does not have direct beach access, but is a very short walk to two.

I would go back to this hotel were we planning a trip back -- which I think about every other day or so. You'll have a great time.
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

UPDATE: This was a world-class resort property. Easily the best breakfast buffet I have had in a long time. Spectacular location. We were assigned to a room with a beach view, but unfortunately also had a transformer right outside reach and also overlooked the bus stop for Mykonos Town. When I called the desk they immediately gave us another room with a view of the bay and many yachts as well as the pool. I thoroughly enjoyed it - although it was too "resort-y" for my husband who probably would have rather stayed in a traditional hotel somewhere.