Museum tickets-Last Supper in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a web-site where I can pre-purchase tickets to view the "Last Supper" at the Santa Maria Della Grazia in Milan?
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Bootman4U

You might try this one:

http://www.thecatseyes.com/show.asp?show_id=268

Old May 8th, 2003, 04:26 AM
rex

One subtle point of clarification - - it's not a museum. It was painted on the wall of something like a rectory, and that one (fairly large, otherwise empty) room contains the work and nothing else. You'll be admitted in groups of 10-20 for ten minutes at a time, with a small gallery with explanatory info before and a gift shop afterwards.

I'm not trying to discourage you from going, just letting you know that you don't need to allocate hours of time like you would at an actual "museum".

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 8th, 2003, 07:32 AM

Mama: We saw the Last Supper last year and were truly amazed, having only previously seen pictures, etc. It is painted on the refrectory wall and in spite of the restoration is fading. Santa Maria della Grazia church is also worth a visit.

Our hotel reserved a time for us. This site might be of interest to you:
http://ciaomilano.it/e/magenta.asp

Don't know if you can reserve through this site (haven't used it recently), but I'm sure if you e-mail your hotel they will reserve for you.

Old May 8th, 2003, 04:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree with Giovanna. Your hotel would probably be willing to make a reservation.

However, it is possible to get without one. There is a "hopefuls" line for people without reservations. We arrived at about 5:30/6:00 p.m. and waited about 30 minutes. As we were leaving, we noticed the hopefuls line had not grown.
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:56 AM

We just got our tickets in advance at www.selectitaly.com. We also ordered tickets for Florence and Rome attractions. A bit pricy, but we don't want to wait in line. good luck!
Old May 10th, 2003, 03:14 PM

Just make sure you check which day it is closed. Whatever that day is, was the one day we had in Milan and after walking all the way to it, we discovered it was the "closed" day --one of my poorer attempts at pre-planning.