Munich - Torbrau or Vier Jahreszeiten?

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munich - Torbrau or Vier Jahreszeiten?

Which would you choose for a 2-night Munich stay?

Hotel Torbrau for 160 Euro/nt
or
Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten for 195 Euro/nt (Internet special rate).

Both include breakfast, can't decide which to pick and whether to pay a little more to stay at Vier Jahreszeiten.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 12:37 AM

Both are excellent locations. I have only seen 1 room in Torbrau and thought it was pretty pokey and not great value (I picked out the hotel from general appearance on internet for a business associate). Kempinski from reading some reviews can disappoint a little (room quality and occassionally snotty service), but at that price - its a good one-, I would be tempted to pay the difference - I would imagine Kempinski's breakfast would offer a bigger choice, so pig out and skip lunch. Meridien often offers very good prices (may like to check it out - only a year old) but although location is very convenient being right opposite Hauptbahnhof, I would prefer the other 2 hotels' location - in nicer areas of centre.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:11 AM

We stayed at the Torbreau last May for five nights and loved it. It's a smaller hotel and to me, more of a Munich feel. The room was fine with a small balcony overlooking Tal. Breakfast was very good as well.

The location of the Torbreau is pretty hard to beat. All of the hotel personel were very friendly and helpful. Twice, we rode in the small elevator with the Assistant Hotel Manager. A very friendly young man.

When (if) we return, we will stay at the Torbreau again.

Curious
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 08:20 AM

I have stayed in both of these hotels. I would have to say that the Torbrau has much more personality. I found the View Jahrezeiten to be quite snooty. The Torbrau rooms are smaller, yes, but they have a great little restaurant with a fabulous breakfast buffet. I think that I would save the 35 EUROS for a nice bottle of wine to bring home!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's input. I booked the Torbrau, and I can't wait to go now!

Amy