garmish/munich hotels

Search

garmish/munich hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
garmish/munich hotels

After much looking and reading I am considering booking the following hotels: Garmish-Parenkirchen: Post-Hotel Partenkirchen

Munich: Hotel Uhland

Any other suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:17 AM

anitas,

Last summer my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Munich's Hotel Uhland. It's a lovely, quietly elegant place, one that you'll no doubt enjoy. The service was warm and friendly, featuring round-the-clock front desk service. In addition, our ground floor room was spacious and neat. Plus, the hotel offers an attractive lounge, along with a superb buffet breakfast. The Uhland is located on a quiet, leafy street next to the Oktoberfest grounds.

As to the Post Hotel, I've not stayed there, but I can recommend the Fraundorfer, a neat, Bavarian-themed place that's located in the heart of Partenkirchen.

Have a wonderful time in southern Germany.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 02:03 PM

We stayed at the Post-hotel Partenkirchen a while back and thought it very pleasant; note that the rooms in the annex are larger than those in the main hotel, however. In Munich we especially liked the hotel Platzl, which is just a block off the Marienplatz. It has good-sized rooms with very modern bathrooms, lots of storage for all the things you will want to buy, and is convenient to many of Munich's downtown attractions. (My husband reminds me to tell you NOT to miss the terrific science museum in Munich--it's on an island in the middle of the river.) Try to have a meal in the restaurant above the very upmarket deli and gift shop Dallmayr, which is extremely popular with the locals. Another good place to eat is Peterhof, right on the Marienplatz. The sausages and homemade mustards and breads are divine!
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 04:14 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Uhland two years ago and we really liked it. David D's description of it is perfect. I would like to add that there isn't too much parking available on their property. There was room for just about five or six autos. One nice touch was that the Uhland had a self-service ice machine just off the lobby.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 06:18 PM

We have stayed at the Post in Partenkirchen a few times...last in 2001. Nice place and you will not be disappointed.

Another place in Garmisch is the HOTEL HILLEPRANDT. Not a hotel like the Post, but smaller and more quaint. Both places are nice.