Search

Munich Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Patricia

Munich Hotels

We will be in Munich at the end of August. We're considering Hotel Schlicker and Hotel Torbrau. We would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed at either hotel. Also, any idea how far they are from the train station? We will be taking the train from Munich to Zurich on to Fribourg.<BR><BR>Many thanks.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Dick Yeager

Patricia,<BR><BR>We will be staying at the Hotel Torbrau next month for five days. This is the hotel I decided upon after a lot of research on Fodors, this particular site and Frommers.<BR><BR>From the train station, you just have 2 stops of the S Bahn to the hotel. Very simple. The hotel has directions on their webpage, www.torbraeu.de.<BR><BR>When we return to the US in early June, I will try to post some type of trip report.<BR><BR>Dick

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Maggie

We are staying at the Schlicker in a few weeks. We also considered the Torbrau but got a better room ( we hope!) at the Schlicker. Will post here when we return!!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Patricia

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I'd love to hear your impressions of the hotels when you return. We're leaning toward Hotel Torbrau at the moment.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Steve

I planned WAY ahead and booked a couple of rooms at the Torbrau for Octoberfest this year. I'm like you, the impression I've gotten from research is that it's a pretty good hotel.<BR>I have stayed at the Platzl in Munich. The location is dead center, right next to Hofbrauhaus! The morning (free) breakfast is awesome. The rooms are perfectly fine, nothing fancy. Their prices are fair but sometimes a little high. I THINK you can check it out at platzl.de or platzl.com.