Search

munich accomadation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
munich accomadation

hi all,
on my way to munich and will be looking for reasonable accom'. have seen a hotel for 2 nights £125 for a double room, located 300m from the main trainstation. does this sound good value bearing in mind that most of the time we will be out sightseeing. anyone have any alternative places around the same price bracket, taking into account easy access to all the sights on foot (old town esp) any ideas are really welcome
many thanks
LL
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 01:16 PM
ira

Hi LL,

You might want to consider www.hotel-uhland.de/enwelcome.html

We very much enjoyed our stay there.

Old Mar 21st, 2007, 01:42 PM

ladylever, which hotel were your looking at. I like to go to Octopustravel.com to get an idea of the hotels. They don't always have the best prices but they have pictures that are helpful. Once you decide on one or two that you like you can shop around for the best rate. I personally like the Drei Lowen and I agree that the Uhland is a nice hotel but about 10 minutes walk further from the train station.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 03:25 PM

I agree with Ira on Hotel Uhland. We stayed there last October and will be going back next October for a second stay. Great value and a wonderful little hotel.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM

Another vote for Hotel Uhland. Lovely neighborhood. Ask for a room with a balcony.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:48 AM

I had an email conversation with the people at the Uhland before staying there a few years ago. At that time they had a couple of classes of rooms, some obviously nicer than others. The rates quoted were based on that. As you investivgate hotels you might want to ask about various price levels of rooms. Sometimes it is room-size and sometimes it is the balcony or the view that affects it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

thank you all for your help. i visited www.hotel-uhland.de/enwelcome.htmland and the hotel looks perfect. i have contacted them and they have confirmed my reservation (with balcony!!) really cant wait. just got to plan the remainder of the trip now. will keep you updated!!