Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

More Help with buying a Prague to Vienna train ticket

Apr 5th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Help! I need help buying a train ticket from Prague to Vienna. None of the sites will let me buy it online. I am in Paris now, not in the US, so I can't use Rail Europe, the only site that seems to actually sell the tickets. DieBahn won't sell this ticket online; it won't even tell me the price. I also don't know which station I should depart from in Prague & arrive at in Vienna. I don't want to wait until I get to the country because it's over Easter break & that's a very busy time. Flying is way too expensive. HELP!
Apr 5th, 2006, 05:47 AM

Skiddy...dude...stop stressing and enjoy the trip. Check your original thread...I hooked you up.

He just emailed me back with a further reply:

"Petey, it may be 60+ each way for his ticket...I forgot he was getting it at the window and NOT through a dealer of tickets. Either way...tell the kid to relax...to many cool things to do then to spend time with a muddled brain. HE SHOULD SHOW A STUDENT ID IF THEY TRY TO CHARGE HIM MORE...TELL HIM TO ASK FOR THE CHEAPEST STUDENT RATE!!!"

Skiddy...you should be all set buddy.
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:35 AM
MaureenB

We bought Vienna-Prague train fare through BudgetEuropeTravel.com. At the time there was a 'Prague Pass' which made it slightly cheaper, but also more complicated to purchase. Try them, as they are very helpful. You can purchase your tickets at face value from them, plus a shipping&handling fee of about $15 to have the paper tickets mailed to you. Good luck.

Apr 8th, 2006, 07:43 AM

In Prague, you can go to Cedok Travel on Na Prokope. Not sure of the spelling, but it's a wide street, part pedestrian mall. Their service is quick and courteous, and they'll give you all the info you need. Some of the agents speak English.
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Going from Prague to Vienna also consider the bus. Takes about the same time as the train and although not as comfortable as the train, is certainly ok. Think Greyhound comfort level rather than typical European intnational bus. Costs is less than half that of train. The Prague bus station is a bit run down, but so is the train station.